This edition: Episodio #64: Francisco Goldman, Tito Puente, Rebel DiazTweet
Original tape date: February 4, 2010.
Comenzamos este episodio en Brooklyn, donde Carmen Boullosa recibe al escritor americano-guatemalteco Francisco Goldman. En su conversación, Francisco nos habla de la alegría de narrar tanto ficción como las desventuras y tragedias de la vida real.
De Brooklyn vamos al campus universitario de “Hostos Community College” en el Bronx, donde visitamos la única exhibición permanente, dedicada a la vida y memoria del gran músico neoyorquino de origen puertorriqueño, Tito Puente.
Para terminar, sin salir del South Bronx, nos encontramos con los integrantes de la banda de Hip Hop “Rebel Diaz”, quienes nos abrirán las puertas de su música, así como de su proyecto socio-cultural y político en la comunidad.
Today, we begin in Brooklyn, where Carmen Boullosa talks to Guatemalan writer Francisco Goldman. During the conversation, Francisco tells us about the joy of narrating both fiction and the misfortunes and tragedies of real life.
And from Brooklyn, we'll travel to the university campus of Hostos Community College in the Bronx, where we'll visit the only permanent exhibition devoted to the life and memory of the great New York musician of Puerto Rican origin, Tito Puente.
Finally, still in the South Bronx, we meet the members of the hip-hop group Rebel Diaz, who will open the doors to their music as well as their socio-cultural and political project in the community.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
José Conzo Comisario del proyecto “Legado de Tito Puente”
Dolores Fernandez Int. President, Hostos Community College/CUNY
Francisco Goldman Escritor
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Ronnie Puente Hijo de Tito Puente
Rodstarz Mc Rebel Diaz
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 16 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 17 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 21 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm