This edition: Episodio #68: "Guadalupe in New York" de Alyshia Gálvez, Soledad Miranda-Rottmann, Margot Benacerral"Tweet
Original tape date: April 8, 2010.
Comenzamos este episodio en el Este de Manhattan, con la presentación del libro “Guadalupe in New York” de la autora Alyshia Gálvez, que revela la importancia del culto a la imagen de la Virgen de Guadalupe del Tepeyac en la lucha por los derechos de los migrantes indocumentados.
A continuación ponemos rumbo al norte de la isla, donde visitamos a la investigadora chilena Soledad Miranda-Rottmann en los laboratorios de la Universidad Rockefeller. Allí, Soledad nos habla de su trabajo de investigación sobre la audición en animales y su aplicación para solucionar problemas auditivos en los seres humanos.
Y finalizamos en Brooklyn donde Carmen Boullosa entrevista a la cineasta venezolana Margot Benacerraf. Sus únicos dos filmes documentales: “Reverón” y “Araya”, son considerados clásicos del cine y la han erigido como figura referente de la cinematografía latinoamericana.
We start this episode in East Manhattan, with the presentation of the book Guadalupe in New York, by Alyshia Gálvez, which explains the importance of the cult offered to the Virgin of Guadalupe from Tepeyac in the struggle for undocumented immigrants' rights.
Later on, we'll head to the north of the island, where we'll pay a visit to Chilean researcher, Soledad Miranda-Rottmann, in the Rockefeller University laboratories. Soledad will tell us about her research on animal hearing, and its uses to solve hearing problems in humans.
We'll finish in Brooklyn, where Carmen Boullosa interviews Venezuelan filmmaker Margot Benacerraf. Her only 2 documentary films, Reverón and Araya, are considered to be classic films, and she is a reference for Latin American cinema.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Alyshia Gálvez Profesora, Lehman College/CUNY
James Hudspeth Director Laboratorio de Neurociencia, Universidad Rockerfeller
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Ph.D. Soledad Miranda-Rottmann Investigadora, Universidad Rockerfeller
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 16 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 17 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm