This edition: Episodio #73: Susana Tubert, Trabajadoras Domésticas Unidas, Alfonso MolinaTweet
Original tape date: June 17, 2010.
Comenzamos este episodio con Patricio Lerzundi quien entrevista a Susana Tubert, co-fundadora del Festival de Teatro Internacional Latino de Nueva York. Esta institución lleva a cabo una importante labor de promoción del teatro latino en la ciudad a través de talleres y eventos como el festival TeatroStageFest, en el que cada año se dan cita producciones teatrales llegadas del Caribe, Latinoamérica, España y Nueva York.
A continuación, en el corazón de Manhattan, visitamos la sede de “Trabajadoras Domésticas Unidas”, una organización que reúne a cientos de mujeres Caribeñas, Africanas y Latinoamericanas dedicadas al cuidado de niños y ancianos, y a los servicios de limpieza. Estas trabajadoras luchan por la dignificación de su trabajo y el establecimiento unas normas laborales justas para su sector.
Y finalizamos en “Mahattan School of Music” con el compositor mexicano Alfonso Molina. Con una carrera artística que incluye bandas sonoras para películas, partituras de danza contemporánea y conciertos para orquesta, Alfonso nos habla sobre su último proyecto, la ópera “Inmigrante Ilegal”, que involucra temas como el racismo, la xenofobia y el patriotismo.
We'll start this episode with Patricio Lerzundi. He's joined by Susana Tubert co-founder of the Latino International Theater Festival of New York. This institution plays an important role in the promotion of Latino theater in the city through workshops and events, such as the Teatro StageFest Festival, where each year theater productions from the Caribbean, Latin America, Spain and New York are presented.
Next, in the heart of Manhattan, we'll be visiting Domestic Workers United, an organization that brings together hundreds of Caribbean, African and Latin American nannies, housekeepers and elderly caregivers. They are workers who fight for their work to be dignified and for the establishment of fair labor standards for their sector.
Last, we'll visit the Manhattan School of Music, where we'll talk to Mexican composer Alfonso Molina, who has an artistic career that includes movie soundtracks, and scores for contemporary dance and orchestra concerts. Alfonso will talk to us about his latest project, the opera "Illegal Alien," which deals with topics such as racism, xenophobia and patriotism.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Priscilla González Directora, Trabajadoras Domésticas Unidas
Angélica Hernández Miembra, Trabajadoras Domésticas Unidas
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Alfonso Molina Compositor
Susana Tubert Directora, Festival de Teatro Internacional Latino de Nueva York
- I am a dreamer
- Saturday, December 15 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 16 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 13 - 8:30pm
- LAMC: Mala Rodriguez, Anita Tijoux, Niña Dioz
- Thursday, November 15 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, November 17 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 18 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 22 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, November 24 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 25 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 29 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 2 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 6 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 9 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 13 - 10:00am, 4:00pm