This edition: Episodio #75: : Paquito D'Rivera, Denise Quiñones, John RossTweet
Original tape date: July 15, 2010.
niciamos este episodio en midtown Manhattan, en CUNY Graduate Center donde conoceremos el más reciente trabajo del músico y compositor cubano Paquito D'Rivera. Galardonado con 10 premios Grammy de la música, el famoso saxofonista nos revela los detalles de su pieza “Damas de Blanco”, inspirada en sucesos recientes de su país natal.
A continuación, acompañamos a Patricio Lerzundi hasta los camerinos de “Repertorio Español” para encontrarnos con la actriz Puertorriqueña Denise Quiñones. La bella intérprete, elegida miss Universo en el año 2001, habla de su transición hacia el mundo del teatro y el cine, así como de los personajes que ha interpretado en los últimos años.
Y finalizamos con el periodista y escritor neoyorquino John Ross. Con él hacemos un extenso recorrido por su vida y su más de medio siglo entregado al activismo y a los medios independientes. Desde el bohemio Greenwich Village de los años 60 hasta la invasión de Irak en el 2003, pasando por la America Latina en la década de los 80 y la rebelión Zapatista en los años 90.
We start this episode in midtown Manhattan, at the CUNY Graduate Center, where we will learn about the last work of Cuban musician and composer Paquito D'Rivera. A recipient of ten GRAMMY Awards, the renowned saxophonist will talk about his piece Ladies in White, inspired by recent events in his native country.
Later, we go with Patricio Lerzundi to the backstage of Repertorio Español, to meet Puerto Rican actress Denise Quiñones. The beautiful actress, who won the Miss Universe pageant in 2001, will tell us about her transition to cinema and theater and about the characters that she has played in the last few years.
Finally, we will speak with John Ross, a journalist and writer from New York. We will talk in depth about his life and his dedication, for over 50 years, to activism and independent media. From the bohemian Greenwich Village of the 60s to the invasion of Iraq in 2003, as well as the Latin America of the 80s and the Zapatista Revolution of the 90s.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Paquito D'Rivera Saxophonist and composer
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Denise Quiñones Actriz y Miss Universo
John Ross Periodista y escritor
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 13 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 15 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 16 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- LAMC: Mala Rodriguez, Anita Tijoux, Niña Dioz
- Thursday, November 15 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, November 17 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 18 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 22 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, November 24 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 25 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 29 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 2 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 6 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 9 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 13 - 10:00am, 4:00pm