This edition: Episodio #77: Ray Cruz, Gustavo Guerrero, Ciclo de Lecturas "Panic"Tweet
Original tape date: September 16, 2010.
Hoy comenzamos al otro lado del río Hudson en Union, New Jersey. Allí nos encontramos con el diseñador tipográfico Ray Cruz, creador de la tipografía de conocidas marcas como CAMEL y XEROX. Ray, de origen puertorriqueño, transmite a sus estudiantes de Kean University su pasión por el diseño de nuevos alfabetos.
A continuación, en el Centro Rey Juan Carlos I de la Universidad de Nueva York, Carmen Boullosa conversa con Gustavo Guerrero, escritor venezolano ganador del premio Anagrama de ensayo por su libro sobre el autor Camilo José Cela “Historia de un Encargo”.
Y finalizaremos en el bar “Nowhere,” del East Village, donde escritores de la comunidad de Lesbianas, Gays, Bisexuales y Transexuales se dan cita cada mes para compartir su trabajo en el ciclo de lecturas “PANIC”.
Today we start on the other side of the Hudson River, in Union, New Jersey, where we will meet typographic designer Ray Cruz. He is the creator of typefaces for famous brands like Camel and Xerox. Ray is from Puerto Rico and he shares with his students at Kean University, his passion for the design of new fonts.
Later, in the King Juan Carlos I Center of New York University, Carmen Boullosa will be talking to Gustavo Guerrero, a Venezuelan writer who won the Anagrama Essay Prize with a book about author Camilo José Cela, called “Historia de un Encargo”.
Finally, we will go to "Nowhere" bar in the East Village, where writers from the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transsexual community meet every month to share their work as part of the PANIC! Reading series.
Tomás Becerra Estudiante, Kean University
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Nívea Castro Poeta/Abogada
Ray Cruz Diseñador tipográfico, Prof. Kean University
Gustavo Guerrero Escritor
Karen Jaime Poeta/Académica
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Alicia Anabel Santos Writer/Co-Producer, “Afrolatinos: The Untaught Story”
Charlie Vásquez Escritor/Fundador, “PANIC”
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 16 - 2:30pm
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm