This edition: Episodio #83: "Especial - Mario Vargas Llosa"Tweet
Original tape date: December 9, 2010.
Dedicamos este episodio al escritor peruano Mario Vargas Llosa, Premio Nobel de Literatura 2010.
Con libros como “La fiesta del chivo”, “La ciudad y los perros” o “Conversación en la catedral”, artículos en los principales medios periodísticos del mundo y prestigiosos galardones como el Premio Cervantes de Literatura en 1994, Mario Vargas Llosa es considerado como una de las figuras literarias e intelectuales más relevantes de nuestro tiempo.
Carmen Boullosa entrevista en exclusiva a este gran autor en las instalaciones de la Sociedad de las Américas, pocos días antes de anunciarse como ganador del Premio Nobel. En un tono íntimo, el autor habla de las personas y ciudades que más han influido en su vida personal y literaria.
We dedicate this episode to Peruvian writer Mario Vargas Llosa, who was awarded the 2010 Nobel Prize in Literature.
With novels like “The Feast of the Goat”, “The Time of the Hero”
or “Conversation in the Cathedral”, as well as articles in major newspapers around the world, and prestigious awards like the Cervantes Prize in Literature in 1994, Mario Vargas Llosa is considered one of the most relevant literary and intellectual figures of our time.
Carmen Boullosa spoke with the great author in an exclusive interview at the Americas Society a few days before they announced that he was the winner of the Nobel Prize. The author speaks with an intimate tone,
about the people and cities that had the most influence on his personal and literary life.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Mario Vargas Llosa Escritor
- Season 13/Episode #8
- Thursday, January 18 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Women's March first year anniversary
- Thursday, January 18 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 20 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 25 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 27 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 1 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 13/Episode #10
- Thursday, February 1 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 3 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 8 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 10 - 2:30pm
- Season 13/Episode #8
- Thursday, January 4 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 6 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 11 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 13 - 2:30pm
- Season 13/Episode #7
- Thursday, December 21 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 23 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, December 28 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 30 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 4 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Latin Literature, Volleyball and Fashion are in Nueva York
- Thursday, December 21 - 10:00am, 4:00pm