This edition: Episodio #89: Homenaje a John Ross, Juan Flores, AuralísTweet
Original tape date: April 7, 2011.
(In Spanish with English Subtitles)
Comenzamos este episodio con un homenaje al periodista y escritor neoyorkino John Ross, fallecido en Pátzcuaro, México, el pasado 18 de enero. Guiados por su propio testimonio, haremos un intenso recorrido por su vida y sus más de 70 años entregados al activismo y los medios independientes.
A continuación, vamos al East Village de la mano de Carmen Boullosa para conversar con Juan Flores, neoyorkino de origen puertorriqueño, o Nuyorican, considerado como uno de los investigadores y analistas de cultura urbana latina más destacados de los Estados Unidos.
Y para finalizar, y sin dejar la influencia puertorriqueña, visitamos el estudio de la diseñadora de moda Auralís, en Sunset Park, donde nos muestra su línea de ropa ecológica y nos habla de su trayectoria, desde sus inicios hasta su debut en la Semana de la Moda de Nueva York.
In this episode, we will begin with a tribute to New York writer and journalist John Ross, who died in Pátzcuaro, México, on January 18. Through his own testimony, we will carefully examine his life and the more than 70 years he dedicated to political activism and independent media.
Later, we will go to the East Village with Carmen Boullosa, where we will talk to Juan Flores. A New Yorker of Puerto Rican origin, or "Nuyorican", he is considered to be one of the most prominent researchers and experts on urban Latino culture in the United States.
Finally, still within the Puerto Rican context, we will visit the studio of fashion designer Auralís in Sunset Park, where she will show us her eco-friendly clothing line and talk about how she prepared for her debut show at New York Fashion Week.
Auralis Diseñadora de moda
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
John Ross Periodista y escritor
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 13 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 15 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 16 - 6:30am
- LAMC: Mala Rodriguez, Anita Tijoux, Niña Dioz
- Saturday, November 17 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 18 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 22 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, November 24 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 25 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 29 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 2 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 6 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 9 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 13 - 10:00am, 4:00pm