This edition: Episodio #90: Mario Vargas Llosa, Evo Morales/Martín Sivak, Francisco BelloTweet
Original tape date: April 21, 2011.
(In Spanish with English Subtitles)
Comenzamos nuestro programa de hoy en la Sociedad de las Américas, en el este de Manhattan, donde Carmen Boullosa se encuentra con el escritor peruano Mario Vargas Llosa, premio Nobel de Literatura en 2010.
A continuación, visitamos Hunter College donde el presidente boliviano Evo Morales presenta la edición inglesa de su biografía junto con el autor del libro, el periodista argentino Martín Sivak .
Y finalizamos en Jackson Heights, Queens, donde charlamos con Francisco Bello, co-director de documental “El espíritu de la salsa”, y fundador de la productora Ropa Vieja Films.
We begin today's episode at the Americas Society in East Manhattan where Carmen Boullosa will be meeting Peruvian writer Mario Vargas Llosa, who was awarded the 2010 Nobel Prize for Literature.
Later, we will go to Hunter College to attend the official launch of the English edition of biographical bestseller Jefazo, hosted by its author, Argentinean journalist Martín Sivak, and the protagonist, Bolivian president Evo Morales.
Finally, we will go to Jackson Heights, Queens, where we will talk to Francisco Bello, producer of Oscar-nominated documentary Salim Baba, and founder of the production company Ropa Vieja Films.
Francisco Bello Director, Productor de Cine
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Evo Morales Presidente de Bolivia
Martín Sivak Escritor
Mario Vargas Llosa Escritor
- Season 13/Episode #8
- Thursday, January 18 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Women's March first year anniversary
- Thursday, January 18 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 20 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 25 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 27 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 1 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 13/Episode #10
- Thursday, February 1 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 3 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 8 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 10 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 15 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 13/Episode #11
- Thursday, February 15 - 8:30pm
- Season 13/Episode #8
- Thursday, January 4 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 6 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 11 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 13 - 2:30pm
- Season 13/Episode #7
- Thursday, December 21 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 23 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, December 28 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 30 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 4 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Latin Literature, Volleyball and Fashion are in Nueva York
- Thursday, December 21 - 10:00am, 4:00pm