This edition: Episodio #98: Jardines Alhambra, Hermanas Colorado, Marta LamasTweet
Original tape date: September 1, 2011.
First aired: September 1, 2011.
(In Spanish with English subtitles)
Hoy, comenzamos en el Bronx, donde visitamos la exposición "Paraíso Español: Jardines de la Alhambra" en el Jardín Botánico de Nueva York. Una exhibición que nos lleva hasta la emblemática ciudad de Granada en el sur de España.
A continuación, vamos al bajo Manhattan para conocer a las hermanas Colorado y su compañía de teatro Coatlicue. Las actrices y dramaturgas nacidas en Chicago, nos hablan de la exploración de sus raíces indígenas mexicanas a través del teatro.
Y finalizamos en Brooklyn, donde Carmen Boullosa entrevista a la antropóloga mexicana Marta Lamas, impulsora de los derechos de las mujeres y destacada feminista con más de treinta años de lucha.
Today we begin in the Bronx, where we'll visit the exhibition Spanish Paradise: Gardens Of The Alhambra, at the New York Botanical Garden. This exhibition takes us to the emblematic city of Granada, in the south of Spain.
Next, we'll go to lower Manhattan to meet the Colorado sisters and their theatre company, Coatlicue. These actresses and playwrights born in the United States will talk about the exploration of their Mexican indigenous origins through theatre.
And we'll finish in Brooklyn, where Carmen Boullosa will interview Marta Lamas, a Mexican anthropologist. She's a driving force behind women's rights and she's been a prominent feminist for over 30 years.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Marta Lamas Escritora
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Jackie Martínez Directora Servicio Voluntario, New York Botanical Garden
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 16 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 17 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm