This edition: Modesto Lacén, Fernando Pérez, NovalimaTweet
Original tape date: April 5, 2012.
First aired: April 5, 2012.
Iniciamos este episodio en el Lower East Side. En el recién remodelado Teatro Sea, Patricio Lerzundi entrevista a Modesto Lacén, un actor puertorriqueño que ha participado en importantes obras como “Celia Cruz, el musical” y “DC-7, La historia de Roberto Clemente”.
Luego vamos a La Habana, Cuba, a entrevistar al cineasta cubano Fernando Pérez, autor de películas como “La vida es silbar”, “Madrigal” y “Suite Habana”. Pérez nos habla de la relación de sus filmes con su país de origen.
Para finalizar, nos reunimos en Central Park con Novalima, un colectivo musical que ha logrado el reconocimiento internacional gracias a la fusión sonidos electrónicos y percusión, con canciones de la tradición afroperuana.
We begin this episode on the Lower East Side. In the recently remodeled Teatro SEA, Patricio Lerzundi interviews Modesto Lacén, a Puerto Rican actor who has appeared in hit shows such as Celia: The Life and Music of Celia Cruz and DC-7: The Roberto Clemente Story.
Then we go to Havana, Cuba, to interview filmmaker Fernando Pérez, director of films such as Life is to Whistle, Madrigal and Suite Habana. He talks about the relationship between his films and his native country.
Finally, we go to Central Park to talk to Novalima, a musical collective that has achieved international acclaim for its fusion of electronic sounds and percussion with traditional Afro-Peruvian songs.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Carlos Li Carrillo Bajo, Novalima
Grimaldo del Solar Beats/Sequencias, Novalima
Modesto Lacén Actor
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Fernando Pérez Director de cine
- Season 13/Episode #8
- Thursday, January 18 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Women's March first year anniversary
- Thursday, January 18 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 20 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 25 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 27 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 1 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 13/Episode #10
- Thursday, February 1 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 3 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 8 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 10 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 15 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 13/Episode #11
- Thursday, February 15 - 8:30pm
- Season 13/Episode #8
- Thursday, January 4 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 6 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 11 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 13 - 2:30pm
- Season 13/Episode #7
- Thursday, December 21 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 23 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, December 28 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 30 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 4 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Latin Literature, Volleyball and Fashion are in Nueva York
- Thursday, December 21 - 10:00am, 4:00pm