This edition: Javier Molea, Siglo XXI, Canteca de Macao
Original tape date: May 3, 2012.
First aired: May 3, 2012.
Iniciamos este episodio en la librería McNally Jackson. Carmen Boullosa entrevista al librero uruguayo Javier Molea, quien comparte las experiencias de un oficio tan importante para el desarrollo de la cultura y el conocimiento, en busca de nuevas herramientas para desafiar los retos tecnológicos.
Más adelante vamos a John Jay College, en el Upper West Side, para asistir a la Conferencia Siglo XXI. El evento organizado por IUPLR, un consorcio universitario de centros de estudios latinos, reúne a académicos y estudiantes quienes discuten el impacto de la crisis económica en la población latina de los Estados Unidos.
Para finalizar vamos hasta Le Poisson Rouge, en el Greenwich Village, a entrevistar al grupo español Canteca de Macao. Ana y Chiki, los compositores de la banda, nos hablan de su disco “Nunca es tard
e” y del papel del Internet para promocionar su música.
We start this episode at the McNally Jackson bookstore. Carmen Boullosa interviews Uruguayan bookseller Javier Molea, who shares his experiences in an occupation that is so important to the development of culture and knowledge, in search of new tools for facing technological challenges.
Later on we go to John Jay College on the Upper West Side to attend the Siglo XXI Conference. The event, organized by IUPLR, a consortium of university-based centers for Latino Studies, brings together academics and students, who discuss the impact of the economic crisis on Latinos in the US.
Finally, we go to Le Poisson Rouge in Greenwich Village to interview the Spanish group Canteca de Macao. Ana and Chiki, the band's songwriters, tell us about their album Nunca es tarde and the Internet's role in promoting their music.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Gilberto Cárdenas, PhD Director, IUPLR
Chiki Cantante-Compositor, Canteca de Macao
Daisy Cocco Presidente, Naugatuck Valley Community College
Anita Kuruba Cantante-Compositora, Canteca de Macao
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Dr. Edwin Meléndez Director, Centro de Estudios Puertorriqueños - Hunter College - CUNY
Javier Molea Librero, Librería McNally Jackson
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 16 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 17 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm