This edition: Cristina Morison, Dr. Rincon, MuchachitoTweet
Original tape date: June 7, 2012.
First aired: June 7, 2012.
(In Spanish with English subtitles)
Iniciamos este episodio en Soho. Patricio Lerzundi visita a Cristina Morrison, actriz ecuatoriana quien ahora debuta como cantante.
Mas adelante, rendimos homenaje al Dr. Gabriel Rincón director del la Organización Mixteca de Brooklyn. Celebramos la entrega del premio Robert Wood Johnson Community Health Leader 2011, entregado a lideres comunitarios dedicados a resolver los problemas de salud de su comunidad.
Para finalizar visitamos el legendario club SOB's en el Bajo Manhattan. Allí entrevistamos a "Muchachito", Jairo Perera, quien junto a su amigo, el "músico de los pinceles" Santos de Veracruz, nos cuentan de sus influencias musicales que van desde la rumba catalana hasta el swing de las grandes bandas.
We start this episode in Soho, where Patricio Lerzundi visits Cristina Morrison, an Ecuadorian actress now making her debut as a singer.
Later, we pay tribute to Dr. Gabriel Rincón, director of the Mixteca Organization in Brooklyn. We celebrate his receipt of the 2011 Robert Wood Johnson Community Health Leader Award, given to community leaders dedicated to solving health problems in their community.
To finish up, we visit the legendary SOB's Club in Lower Manhattan, where we interview Jairo Perera, known as Muchachito. Together with his friend, artist Santos de Veracruz, he tells us about his musical influences from Catalan rumba to big band swing.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Santos de Veracruz Pintor
Janice Ford Griffin Director, National Program, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Community Health Leaders Award
Jay Hershenson Sr. Vice Chancellor, University Relations/CUNY
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Cristina Morrison Actriz y cantante
Jairo Perera Cantante
Gabriel Rincón Presidente Y Fundador, Organización Mixteca
Carlos M. Sada Consulado General de México en Nueva York
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 16 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 17 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm