This edition: Neighborhood Classics, Vetusta Morla, J. ManriqueTweet
Original tape date: June 28, 2012.
First aired: June 28, 2012.
Iniciamos este episodio visitando dos escuelas de Manhattan y Brooklyn, donde artistas de música clásica realizan conciertos para alumnos y padres. La pianista Simone Dinnerstein nos cuenta sobre el programa "Neighborhood Classics" que busca acercar a los niños a este género musical.
A continuación, vamos al Highline Ballroom, en Chelsea, a entrevistar a la banda española Vetusta Morla. Conversamos con los compositores del grupo, quienes nos hablan del proceso de creación de sus canciones y autoedición de sus discos.
Para finalizar, Carmen Boullosa recibe en su casa de Brooklyn a Jaime Manrique. El escritor colombiano nos habla acerca del inicio de su búsqueda creativa en los Estados Unidos y cómo la temática gay hace parte de su narrativa.
We start this episode visiting two schools in Manhattan and Brooklyn, where classical musicians perform for students and parents. Pianist Simone Dinnerstein tells us about the "Neighborhood Classics" program which aims at getting children closer to this musical genre.
Later we go to the Highland Ballroom, in Chelsea, to interview the Spanish band Vetusta Morla. We've talked to the band's composers, who've explained how the song-creation process works, as well as their albums' self-release.
And, lastly in Brooklyn, Carmen Boullosa receives Jaime Manrique in her house. The Colombian writer talks about the beginning of his creative quest in the US and how gay subject matter forms part of his narrative.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Simone Dinnerstein Pianista
Jahaira Feliciano Profesora, PS 142
Guillermo Galván Músico, Vetusta Moria
Juan Manuel Latorre Músico, Vetusta Moria
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Anais Lora Estudiante, PS 142
Jaime Manrique Writer
Ovidio Serrano Estudiante, PS 142
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 16 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 17 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 21 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm