This edition: Marcha del Primero de Mayo, CABE, Sak TzevulTweet
Original tape date: August 9, 2012.
First aired: August 9, 2012.
Iniciamos este episodio con la marcha realizada el Primero de Mayo por las calles de Nueva York. El recorrido de este año marca la unión entre grupos que buscan la justicia social como el movimiento por una reforma migratoria, los sindicatos de trabajadores y el movimiento Occupy Wall Street.
Más adelante, en el bajo Manhattan, Patricio Lerzundi visita al caricaturista peruano Carlos Bernales, CABE. En su estudio, Cabe nos habla de cómo sus dibujos han sido testigos excepcionales de la política local y mundial.
Para finalizar vamos al Lincoln Center a conocer a la banda de fusión de rock y música indígena Sak Tzevul, proveniente de Chiapas, México. Habana/Harlem, productores de eventos, los invitó a una gira en la ciudad de Nueva York, visitando instituciones culturales, incluyendo las Naciones Unidas.
We start the show with the demonstration that took place on the first of May, in the streets of New York.
This year marks the alliance between groups seeking social justice, such as the migratory reform movement, the workers' union, and Occupy Wall Street.
Later on, in Lower Manhattan, Patricio Lerzundi visits Carlos Bernales, "Cabe," a Peruvian caricaturist. At his studio Cabe tells us how his drawings have borne exceptional witness to local and international politics.
To finish up, we go to the Lincoln Center to meet the rock-indigenous fusion band, Sak Tzevul, from Chiapas, Mexico. Habana/Harlem, cultural producers, invited them to do a tour in New York, visiting institutions such as the United Nations.
Carlos Cabe Bernales Caricaturista
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Marina Diaz Coalicion 1ero de Mayo
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Damián Martinez Sak Tzevul
Neyda Martinez Productora, Habana/Harlem
Rachel McCullough Jews for Racial and Economic Justice
Onel Mulet Productor, Habana/Harlem
Mechés Rosales Domestic Workers United
Lucas Sanchez Comunidades de NY por el cambio
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 16 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 17 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm