This edition: Lo mejor de la 7a temporada/The Best of Season #7Tweet
Original tape date: August 23, 2012.
First aired: August 23, 2012.
Iniciamos este episodio especial en el Teatro Sea. Patricio Lerzundi entrevista a Modesto Lacén, actor puertorriqueño que ha participado en obras como “Celia Cruz, el musical” y “DC-7, La historia de Roberto Clemente”.
A continuación vamos al bajo Manhattan para conocer a las hermanas Colorado quienes nos hablan de la exploración de sus raíces indígenas mexicanas a través de su compañía de teatro Coatlicue.
Luego vamos a La Habana, Cuba, a entrevistar al cineasta cubano Fernando Pérez, quien nos habla de la relación de sus filmes con su país de origen.
Mas adelante hablamos con la artista dominicana Rita Indiana, narradora y escritora, quien es además cantante y compositora del grupo de merengue Los Misterios.
En Washington Heights, el humorista gráfico Felipe Galindo nos comenta sobre sus creaciones expuestas en "Manhatitlan", una exposición de caricaturas que incorpora elementos de la cultura mexicana en el contexto de Nueva York.
Para finalizar, Carmen Boullosa entrevista a Fernando Trueba, Javier Mariscal y Tono Errando, directores de la película de animación nominada al Oscar "Chico y Rita".
We start this show at the Teatro SEA. Patricio Lerzundi interviews Modesto Lacen, a Puerto Rican actor who has participated in shows such as Celia Cruz, The Musical and
DC-7: The Roberto Clemente Story.
Then we go to Lower Manhattan to meet the Colorado sisters, their indigenous Mexican roots through their theatre company, Coatlicue.
Then we go to Havana, Cuba, the Cuban filmmaker Fernando Pérez, who speaks to us about the relationship of his films to his country of origin.
Later on, we talk to the Dominican artist Rita Indiana, writer and narrator, who is also the singer and composer of the merengue group, Los Misterios.
In Washington Heights, the graphic humorist, Felipe Galindo, comments on his works presented in Manhatitlan, an exhibition of caricatures that uses elements of Mexican culture in the context of New York.
And to finish up, Carmen Boullosa interviews Fernando Trueba, Javier Mariscal and Tono Errando, directors of the Oscar-nominated animated movie, Chico & Rita.
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Ms. Elvira Colorado Performer & Co-Founder, Coatlicue Theater Company
Ms. Hortensia Colorado Performer & Co-Founder, Coatlicue Theater Company
Tono Errando Director de cine
Felipe Galindo Humorista gráfico
Rita Indiana Cantante
Modesto Lacén Actor
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Javier Mariscal Director de cine y diseñador
Fernando Pérez Director de cine
Fernando Trueba Director de cine
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 16 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 17 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm