This edition: Rueda de casino, Nancy Savoca, R.Evolución LatinaTweet
Original tape date: December 5, 2013.
First aired: December 5, 2013.
Iniciamos este episodio creando un puente entre La Habana y Nueva York , explorando las facetas de la rueda de casino, un estilo de baile originado en Cuba, en los años 50 y muy popular en la actualidad. Entrevistamos a profesores, bailarines y DJs quienes hablan del sentido comunitario de este baile.
Más adelante, Carmen Boullosa entrevista en Brooklyn a la cineasta argentina-americana, Nancy Savoca. Ella habla de cómo en sus películas ha buscado expresar la voz de las mujeres, y en especial de las mujeres latinas, que no tienen representación en el cine de Hollywood.
Para finalizar, en el Pearl Studio de Manhattan entrevistamos a Luis Salgado, fundador de R.Evolución Latina y a algunos participantes del campamento de verano para niños “Atrévete a más”. Durante esta semana, R.Evolución Latina busca formar líderes en las comunidades latinas a través del arte.
We begin this episode by building a bridge between Havana and New York, exploring the facets of Rueda de Casino, a dance style which originated in Cuba in the 1950s and is currently very popular. We interview instructors, dancers and DJs, who talk to us about the sense of community behind this dance.
Later, in Brooklyn, Carmen Boullosa interviews the Argentine-American filmmaker Nancy Savoca. She talks about how she has chosen to express the voice of women in her films, particularly that of Latin women who are not represented in Hollywood cinema.
Finally, at Pearl Studio in Manhattan, we interview Luis Salgado, founder of R.Evolución Latina, and also some participants of the summer camp for children, Dare to Go Beyond. During this week, R.Evolución Latina sought to form bonds in the Latin community through art.
Keanu Participante - Perú U.S
Denisse Ambert Directora Executiva, R.Evolución Latina
Carmen Boullosa Distinguished Lecturer, City College/CUNY
Alejandro Bouza Director Programa Rueda Casino, Piel Canela
Ariel Fernandez Diaz DJ Asho
Mariana Herrera Participante - Colombia
Mikiko Hirumi Ballerina
Pedro Rodríguez Director, Compañia Danza Chévere - Cuba
Luis Salgado Founder/Artistic Director, R.Evolución Latina
Nancy Savoca Filmmaker
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 16 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 17 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm