This edition: Bostich+Fussible, HOLA, Hispanic Federation, Richard VelazquezTweet
Original tape date: May 15, 2014.
First aired: May 15, 2014.
Iniciamos este episodio con Bostich y Fussible, la banda que fusiona música electrónica con música popular del norte mexicano. Ramón Amezcua y Pepe Mogt, líderes del grupo, hablan de su nuevo álbum, Tijuana Sound Machine donde experimentan con nuevas tecnologías y consolidan un ritmo de una densidad emocional diferente.
Mas adelante, hablamos con integrantes de HOLA, una organización fundada en 1975, dedicada a expandir la presencia de actores hispanos en el teatro, el cine, la televisión, la radio y la publicidad; al tiempo que busca reflejar la herencia cultural hispana en los Estados Unidos.
A continuación, entrevistamos a José Calderón, Presidente de Hispanic Federation, una organización dedicada al avance de la comunidad hispana, quien nos habla de las metas de su organización y de la estrecha colaboración entre la federación y CUNY.
Para finalizar, Patricio Lerzundi entrevista a Richard Velázquez, líder empresarial quien habla de sus humildes orígenes y de como su herencia puertorriqueña influyó para diseñar autos de lujo, video juegos y colaborar con organizaciones que orientan a los jóvenes hispanos a buscar oportunidades a través de la educación.
We begin this episode with Bostich+Fussible. The band which fuses electronic music with popular music from the north of Mexico. Ramon Amezcua and Pepe Mogt, the group leaders, speak about their new album, in which they experiment with new technologies and consolidate a rhythm with a different emotional density.
Later, we speak with members of HOLA, an organization founded in 1975, dedicated to expanding the presence of Hispanic actors in theater, cinema, television, radio and advertising. They aim to reflect Latin cultural inheritance in the United States.
Next, we will interview José Calderón, president of Hispanic Federation, an organization aimed at the advancement of the Hispanic community. He will speak to us about the goals of his organization and about the close relationship between the Federation and CUNY.
Finally, Patricio Lersundi interviews Richard Velazquez, a business leader who speaks to us about his humble origin and how his Puerto Rican inheritance influenced him in designing luxury cars and video games, as well as collaborating with organizations which orient Latin youth, on how to seek opportunity through education.
Manny Alfaro Director Ejecutivo, HOLA
Ramón Amezcua Musico, Bostich y Fussible
José Calderon Presidente, Hispanic Federation
Bobby Cannavale Actor
Liza Colón-Zayas Actor
J.W. Cortés Actor - Director - Presentador
Lucio Fernández Commissioner, Union City, New Jersey
Cedric Leiba, Jr. Actor
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Professor, Lehman College/CUNY
Garcia Oliva Manolo HOLA, Presidente Junta Directiva
Lucinda Martínez Senior Vice-President, HBO Latino
Pepe Mogt Musico, Bostich+Fussible
Valeria Solomonoff Coreografa
Richard Velázquez Líder empresarial
Vanessa Verduga Actriz - Cantante - Productora
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 13 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 15 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 16 - 6:30am
- LAMC: Mala Rodriguez, Anita Tijoux, Niña Dioz
- Sunday, November 18 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 22 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, November 24 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 25 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 29 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 2 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 6 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 9 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 13 - 10:00am, 4:00pm