This edition: CUNY Fatherhood Academy, Carla Morrison, Nelson Paulino, Denisse OllerTweet
Original tape date: July 3, 2014.
First aired: July 3, 2014.
Iniciamos este episodio en el Bronx con Jesús Benítez, padre soltero y estudiante universitario, quien nos habla sobre sus experiencias criando a su hijo de cuatro años y de las oportunidades que descubrió en CUNY Fatherhood Academy, la academia para padres de CUNY.
Mas adelante, entrevistamos a Carla Morrison, cantante mexicana de rock alternativo, quien con su LP “Dejenme llorar” logró un disco de oro en México y ganó dos Latin Grammy's.
De regreso al Bronx, conocemos el programa de entrenamiento de viaje desarrollado por la Oficina de Educación de la ciudad de Nueva York. Allí Nelson Paulino, quien tiene discapacidades físicas, aprende a viajar desde su casa al instituto gracias al trabajo con su entrenadora María Rocha.
Para finalizar, Patricio Lerzundi visita en Midtown a Denisse Oller, periodista de origen puertorriqueño quien habla de sus pasiones y oficios actuales: escritora y chef.
We begin this episode in the Bronx with Jesús Benítez, single father and university student, who shares with us his experience raising his four year-old son, and about the opportunities he discovered at the CUNY Fatherhood Academy.
Later, we interview Carla Morrison, Mexican alternative rock singer, who won a Mexican “Disco de Oro” and two Latin Grammys with her LP “Dejenme llorar”.
Returning to the Bronx, we learn about a travel-training program developed by New York City’s Office of Education. There, Nelson Paulino, who has physical disabilities, learns to travel from his home to the institute thanks to María Rocha, his trainer.
Finally, in Midtown Patricio Lerzundi visits Denisse Oller, Puerto Rican journalist who talks of her passions and current occupation: Writer and chef.
Jesús Benítez Padre/ Father - Estudiante / Student
Peggy Groce Directora de la Office of Travel Training , District 75 - NYC DOE
Carla Morrison Cantante/Singer
Denisse Oller Chef-Periodista
Nelson Paulino Estudiante del Programa Travel Training
María Rocha Entrenadora del Programa Travel Training
- I am a dreamer
- Sunday, December 16 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 13 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 15 - 2:30pm
- LAMC: Mala Rodriguez, Anita Tijoux, Niña Dioz
- Saturday, November 17 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 18 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 22 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, November 24 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 25 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 29 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 2 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 6 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 9 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 13 - 10:00am, 4:00pm