This edition: C. Norman, D. de la Texera, Y. Henao, R. GirónTweet
Original tape date: October 9, 2014.
First aired: October 9, 2014.
Bienvenidos a Nueva York, un programa dedicado a la cultura hispano parlante en la Gran Manzana, celebrando su riqueza, diversidad y contribuciones a la vida de esta ciudad.
En Manhattan Patricio Lerzundi entrevista a la mexicana Claudia Norman quien ha impulsado artistas latinoamericanos a través de conciertos y eventos culturales y quien con el festival Celebrate Mexico Now promueve las manifestaciones artísticas de México contemporáneo.
Mas adelante, Nueva York viaja a Puerto Rico a entrevistar a Diego de la Texera, un cineasta boricua formado en Nueva York, quien ha centrado su trabajo dentro de un marco de cine comprometido, especialmente en El Salvador, Nicaragua, Cuba y Brasil.
En Queens, entrevistamos a Yolanda Henao, una madre y abuela colombiana que inmigró a Nueva York hace mas de 15 años. Yolanda nos habla de cómo el deseo de reunirse nuevamente con sus hijos y conocer a sus nietos nacidos en Colombia, la motivan a hacer arepas y quesos artesanales.
Para finalizar, hablamos en Midtown Manhattan con el fotógrafo guatemalteco Rudy Girón, diseñador gráfico, melómano y conocedor de redes sociales, radicado en Antigua Guatemala. Su blog “AntiguaDailyPhoto” es visitado por miles de personas que desean conocer la cultura de Antigua y las tradiciones de Guatemala.
In Manhattan, Patricio Lerzundi interviews Claudia Norman, a Mexican who has promoted Latin-American artists in concerts and cultural events, and who is promoting, along with the Celebrate México Now Festival, the artistic work of contemporary Mexico.
Later on, Nueva York travels to Puerto Rico to interview Diego de la Texera, a Puerto Rican filmmaker trained in New York who has centered his work within a framework of committed moviemaking, especially in El Salvador, Nicaragua, Cuba and Brazil.
In Queens, we interview Yolanda Henao, a Colombian mother and grandmother who immigrated to New York more than 15 years ago. Yolanda speaks to us about how her desire to be reunited with her children and get to know her grandchildren born in Colombia, motivates her to make arepas and artisan cheeses.
Finishing up, we talk in Midtown Manhattan with the Guatemalan photographer Rudy Girón, a graphic designer and music lover well-versed in the social media, who is established in Antigua, Guatemala. His blog, Antigua Daily Photo, is visited by thousands of people wishing to learn of the culture of Antigua and the traditions of Guatemala.
Diego de la Texera Director y Productor de cine
Rudy Girón Fotógrafo
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Profesor, Lehman Collegue/CUNY
Claudia Norman Directora, Celebrate Mexico Now
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #5
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am