This edition: Sudaca Films, DACA, Carlos Jacanamijoy, Academia GWCTweet
Original tape date: April 9, 2015.
First aired: April 9, 2015.
Iniciamos este episodio en Brooklyn. Carmen Boullosa habla con las cineastas Mariana Rondón y Marité Ugás, quienes han creado películas de gran trascendencia en el cine latinoamericano. Ellas hablan de su exitosa colaboración cinematográfica y de “Pelo Malo”, su más reciente película.
Mas adelante, hablamos con Jazmin Cruz y Antonio Alarcón, dos jóvenes inmigrantes quienes hacen parte del programa DACA, una iniciativa del gobierno para proveer protección de deportación, acceso a la educación superior y permiso de trabajo a quienes llegaron al país como menores indocumentados.
Después, en Midtown entrevistamos a Carlos Jacanamijoy, pintor colombiano de gran proyección internacional. El nos habla de cómo su vocación artística se reafirmó al descubrir que su universo abstracto estaba conectado con el pensamiento tradicional de los indígenas Inga de Colombia.
Para finalizar vamos al sur del Bronx, a visitar a la Cooperativa de Trabajadores para el Medio Ambiente (Green Workers Cooperative), una organización que promueve las cooperativas y prepara a grupos para aventurarse en este modelo de negocio donde todos los trabajadores son dueños.
We begin this episode in Brooklyn. Carmen Boullosa speaks with filmmakers Mariana Rondón and Marité Ugás, who have created movies of great transcendence in Latin American film. They speak about their successful filmmaking collaboration and about Bad Hair, their most recent film.
Later, we speak with Jazmin Cruz and Antonio Alarcon, two immigrant youths who are a part of the DACA program, a government initiative which provides protection against deportation, access to higher education and work permits for immigrants who arrived to this country as undocumented minors.
Then, in Midtown, we'll interview Carlos Jacanamijoy, a Colombian painter with great international projection. He speaks to us about his artistry and when he discovered that his abstract universe was connected with the traditional thinking of the indigenous Inga of Colombia.
Finally, we'll visit the South Bronx to visit the Green Workers Cooperative an organization which promotes cooperatives and prepares groups to venture out into this business model where all the workers are owners.
Antonio Alarcon Estudiante - Lider, LaGuardia Community College
Maria del Carmen Arroyo NYC Council Member, Concejal del Distrito 17 - El Bronx
Carmen Boullosa Escritora
Marcial Cruz Inmigrante - Mexico
Ana Escalante Estudiante, Green Workers Coop
Omar Freilla Fundador y Coordinador, Green Worker Cooperative
Carlos Jacanamijoy Pintor
Maria Ramos Estudiante, Green Workers Coop
Mariana Rondón Cineasta
Marité Ugás Cineasta
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 16 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 17 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm