This edition: Delirio, Mexico 2000, Guillermo FesserTweet
Original tape date: May 21, 2015.
First aired: May 21, 2015.
Iniciamos este episodio en Cali, Colombia, con los integrantes de Delirio una revista musical que ha revolucionado el mundo de la salsa con coreografías que fusionan cabaret y circo. Su labor social ha sido una alternativa para jóvenes bailarines de escasos recursos de esa ciudad.
Mas adelante, en Brooklyn hablamos con Josefina y Adrián Mejía, dueños de México 2000. Años atrás, este equipo de madre e hijo abrió una bodega donde vendían tacos. Tuvieron tanto éxito con su deliciosa comida que expandieron su negocio y ahora tienen un nuevo restaurante.
Para finalizar, en el Instituto Cervantes Carmen Boullosa entrevista al periodista y escritor español Guillermo Fesser, quien habla de sus experiencias cuando se mudó a un pequeño pueblo; de sus incursiones en los libros infantiles y de su oficio periodístico viendo el lado divertido a las situaciones.
We begin this episode in Cali, Colombia, with the members of Delirio, a musical revue that has revolutionized the world of salsa with choreographies blending cabaret and the circus. Their work has been an outlet for low-income young dancers in this city.
Later, in Brooklyn, we'll speak with Josefina and Adrian Mejia, owners of Mexico 2000. Years ago, this mother-son team opened a small shop where they sold tacos. They were so successful with their delicious food that they expanded their business, and now they have a new restaurant.
Finally, at the Instituto Cervantes, Carmen Boullosa interviews Spanish journalist and writer Guillermo Fesser. He talks to us about his experience moving to a small town, about his foray into children's books, and about his journalistic work seeing the fun side of situations.
Andrea Buenaventura Fundadora - Dir. Ejecutiva, Delirio
Carlos Fernando Trujillo Director Escenico, Delirio
Guillermo Fesser Periodista y escritor
Francis Jones Cliente - Boxeador, Mexico 2000
Adrian Mejia Dueño, Mexico 2000
Josefina Mejia Dueño, Mexico 2000
Cecilia Montezuma Primera Bailarina, Delirio
Sergio Romero Manager, Mexico 2000
Jose Fernando Urueña Primer Bailarín, Delirio
Viviana Vargas Primera Bailarina, Delirio
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 16 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 17 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm