This edition: Alex Kruz, Manhattan Camerata, Lisandro Perez, "Viaje"Tweet
Original tape date: June 4, 2015.
First aired: June 4, 2015.
Iniciamos este episodio con Alex Kruz, un veterano de guerra reconvertido en filántropo, actor y productor. En su apartamento nos narra su experiencia con el PTSD, los motivos que lo llevaron a perder lo que más amaba y como pudo reconducir su vida a través de la creación audiovisual y la ayuda humanitaria.
Mas adelante, vamos a Harlem a entrevistar a los fundadores y directores de la Manhattan Camerata, una orquesta que mezcla música de diferentes épocas y geografías para crear un género propio.
Luego, Patricio Lerzundi entrevista en Manhattan al sociólogo cubano Lisandro Pérez. Desde su cátedra en John Jay College, sus libros y su blog "Cuban Yorker", Lisandro analiza las complejas relaciones entre Cuba y Estados Unidos, que pasan mas por lo cultural y lo social que por lo político.
Para finalizar, vamos al Tribeca Film Festival a conversar con la directora costarricense Paz Fábrega quien nos habla de su nueva película, Viaje. La cinta, filmada en blanco y negro, narra la historia de una pareja de jóvenes quienes confrontan sus emociones y su visión del futuro, aislados en una reserva forestal.
We begin this episode with Alex Kruz, a war veteran turned philanthropist, actor, and producer. In his apartment, he talks to us about his experience with PTSD, the motives that led him to lose what he loved most, and how he was able to get his life back through audiovisual art projects and humanitarian assistance.
Later, we'll go to Harlem to interview the founders and directors of The Manhattan Camerata, an orchestra that mixes music from different eras and countries to create a unique genre.
Then, in Manhattan, Patricio Lerzundi interviews the Cuban sociologist Lisandro Perez. From his professorship at John Jay College, his books, and his blog, Cuban Yorker, Lisandro analyzes the complex relations between Cuba and the United States, which are more cultural and social, as opposed to political.
Finally, we'll visit the Tribeca Film Festival, to speak with Costa Rican director Paz Fabrega. She speaks to us about her new movie, Viaje. This film, recorded in black and white, tells the story of a young couple who confront their emotions and their vision of the future, while isolated in a forest preserve.
Lucía Caruso Compositore e Instrumentista., Manhattan Camerata
Pedro H. Da Silva Compositore e Instrumentista., Manhattan Camerata
Paz Fábrega Directora de cin, "Viaje"
Alex Kruz Veterano, Actor, Productor.
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Chair of the Journalism, Communication, and Theatre Department (JCT) at Lehman College
Lisandro Pérez Sociologo, escritor y profesor., John Jay College - CUNY
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 16 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 17 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm