This edition: Julieta Venegas, M. Rondón y M. Ugás, Autismo, Lorena BorjasTweet
Original tape date: June 18, 2015.
First aired: June 18, 2015.
Iniciamos este episodio con Julieta Venegas cuya exitosa carrera incluye siete discos y cinco Latin Grammy’s. Con esta compositora y cantante de pop-rock, nacida en California, conversamos sobre su disco “Los Momentos”.
Luego, Carmen Boullosa habla con las cineastas Mariana Rondón y Marité Ugás, quienes han creado películas de gran trascendencia en el cine latinoamericano. Ellas hablan de su exitosa colaboración cinematográfica y de “Pelo Malo”, su más reciente película.
Mas adelante, conoceremos desde la perspectiva de una madre, cómo llegar a entender y vivir el diagnóstico de un hijo con autismo; visitaremos la escuela pre-escolar Aim High y seremos testigos de la vida diaria de Simón y su familia.
Para finalizar, vamos a Queens a entrevistar a Lorena Borjas, creadora de la Fundación Lorena Borjas, dedicada a ayudar a la comunidad transgénero en la ciudad de Nueva York.
We begin this episode with Julieta Venegas whose successful career includes seven records and five Latin Grammys. We'll speak with this songwriter and pop-rock singer, who was born in California, about her album Los Momentos.
Next, Carmen Boullosa speaks with filmmakers Mariana Rondón and Marité Ugás who have created films of great transcendence in Latin American cinema. They speak of their successful filmmaking collaboration and about Bad Hair, their most recent film.
Later, we will learn about one mother's perspective about how she has learned to understand and live with her son's autism diagnosis. We will witness Simon and his family's daily life.
Finally, we will travel to Queens, to interview Lorena Borjas, founder of the Lorena Borjas Foundation, who's mission is to help the transgender community in New York.
Lorena Borjas Artista, Fundacion Lorna Borjas
Mariana Rondón Cineasta
Gisela Sanders-Alcantara Producer, Nueva York, CUNY TV
Marité Ugás Cineasta
Julieta Venegas Compositora y cantante
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 13 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 15 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 16 - 6:30am
- LAMC: Mala Rodriguez, Anita Tijoux, Niña Dioz
- Saturday, November 17 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 18 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 22 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, November 24 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 25 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 29 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 2 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 6 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 9 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 13 - 10:00am, 4:00pm