This edition: Nereo López, Audry Funk, Rafi Mercado, and México 2000Tweet
Original tape date: September 24, 2015.
First aired: September 24, 2015.
Iniciamos este episodio con un homenaje al legendario fotógrafo colombiano Nereo López, quien falleció recientemente. En esta entrevista Nereo conversa con Patricio Lerzundi sobre su participación en el grupo de intelectuales conocido como “El Grupo de Barranquilla”, que también reúne a otras figuras como el escritor Gabriel García Márquez y el pintor Alejandro Obregón.
Mas adelante, hablamos con la cantante de Hip Hop Audry Funk, una de las artistas mas representativas del género en Puebla, Mexico. Su primer disco, Soul Green System salió a la luz en el 2006. Desde entonces ha trabajado con mujeres trabajadoras y adolescentes marginados de Puebla.
A continuación, hablamos en Puerto Rico con Rafi Mercado, un multifacético director quien reflexiona sobre el cine de su país, sobre su carrera como cineasta y su rol como director creativo del mítico club neoyorkino Sound Factory.
Y para finalizar, en Brooklyn hablamos con Josefina y Adrián Mejía, dueños de México 2000. Años atrás, este equipo de madre e hijo abrió una bodega donde vendían tacos. Tuvieron tanto éxito con su deliciosa comida que expandieron su negocio y ahora tienen un nuevo restaurante.
Today we begin with an homage to legendary Colombian photographer Nereo López, who recently passed away. In this interview, Nereo chats with Patricio Lerzundi about his participation in the group of intellectuals known as the "Barranquilla Group," to which other famous people belong, such as the writer Gabriel García Márquez and the painter Alejandro Obregón.
Later, we speak with hip-hop singer Audry Funk, one of the most representative artists of her genre in Puebla, Mexico. Her first album, Soul Green System, was launched in 2006. Since then, she has worked within the community of workingwomen and highly marginalized adolescent youth in Puebla.
Moving on, we talk with Rafi Mercado in Puerto Rico, a multi-faceted director who reflects on film in his country, about his career as a cinematographer, and his role as creative director of the mythical New York club, Sound Factory.
And finally, in Brooklyn, we speak with Josefina and Adrián Mejía, owners of Mexico 2000. Years ago, this mother-son team opened a small shop where they sold tacos. They were so successful with their delicious food that they expanded their business, and now they have a new restaurant.
Audry Funk Rapera
Francis Jones Cliente - Boxeador, Mexico 2000
Nereo López Meza Fotógrafo
Prof. Patricio Lerzundi Profesor, Lehman College/CUNY
Adrian Mejia Dueño, Mexico 2000
Josefina Mejia Dueño, Mexico 2000
Rafi Mercado Director, Diseñador de Producción y Director Creativo de Espectáculos de Música Underground
Sergio Romero Manager, Mexico 2000
- Season 14/Episode #3
- Thursday, November 15 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, November 17 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 18 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 22 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, November 24 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 25 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 29 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 2 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 6 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 9 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 13 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #4
- Thursday, December 13 - 8:30pm
- Manuel Chaco Garcia, Banda Rimel, Vanessa Valerio
- Thursday, October 18 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, October 20 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, October 21 - 6:30am
- Thursday, October 25 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, October 27 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, October 28 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 1 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, November 3 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 4 - 6:30am
- Thursday, November 8 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, November 10 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, November 11 - 6:30am