This edition: ChocQuibTown, Lisandro Pérez, Patricia Cazorla & Nancy Saleme, and DelirioTweet
Original tape date: December 21, 2015.
First aired: December 24, 2015.
We begin this episode with one of the groups participating in the Latin Alternative Music Conference, LAMC, held annually in New York. ChocQuibTown is a group of Afro-Colombian hip-hop and has won several Grammys. Its innovative sound fusions funk, hip hop and reggae with traditional rhythms from Colombia's Pacific coast, as bunde, currulao, bambazú and aguabajo.
Then we go to Manhattan, where Patricio Lerzundi interviews the Cuban sociologist Lisandro Perez. From his chair at John Jay College, his books and his blog "Cuban Yorker" Lisandro analyzes the complex relations between Cuba and the United States, so they spend more cultural and social than by politics.
Then we talk with the artists Patricia Cazorla & Nancy Saleme who talk about how they started this fruitful collaboration and its conception of "Public Art" in places like Port Authority and the streets of Newark, New Jersey.
Finally we arrived in Cali, Colombia, where we interviewed the members of Delirio, a musical revue that has revolutionized the world of salsa with choreographies mixing cabaret and circus. It’s social work has been an alternative for poor young dancers in that city.
Iniciamos este episodio con uno de los grupos participantes en la Conferencia de Música Latina Alterniva, LAMC, que se realiza anualmente en Nueva York. ChocQuibTown es un grupo de hip-hop afrocolombiano, ganador de varios Grammys. Su innovador sonido fusión de funk, hip hop y reggae con ritmos tradicionales de la costa pacífica colombiana, como el bunde, currulao, bambazú y aguabajo.
Luego nos vamos a Manhattan, en donde Patricio Lerzundi entrevista al sociólogo cubano Lisandro Pérez. Desde su cátedra en John Jay College, sus libros y su blog "Cuban Yorker", Lisandro analiza las complejas relaciones entre Cuba y Estados Unidos, que pasan mas por lo cultural y lo social que por lo político.
A continuación, conversamos con las artistas Patricia Cazorla y Nancy Saleme quienes hablan de como empezaron esta fructífera colaboración y de su concepción del "Public Art" en espacios como Port Authority y las calles de Newark, New Jersey.
Para finalizar llegamos a Cali, Colombia, en donde entrevistamos a los integrantes de Delirio, una revista musical que ha revolucionado el mundo de la salsa con coreografías mezcla de cabaret y circo. Su labor social ha sido una alternativa para jóvenes bailarines de escasos recursos de esa ciudad.
Andrea Buenaventura Fundadora - Dir. Ejecutiva, Delirio
Patricia Cazorla Pintora
Carlos Fernando Trujillo Director Escenico, Delirio
Gloria "Goyo" Martínez Cantante/Rapera, ChocQuibTown
Miguel "Slow" Martínez Cantante/Rapero, ChocQuibTown
Lisandro Pérez Sociologo, escritor y profesor., John Jay College - CUNY
Nancy Saleme Escultora
Carlos "Tostao" Valencia Cantante/Rapero, ChocQuibTown
- Women's March first year anniversary
- Thursday, January 25 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 27 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 1 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 13/Episode #10
- Thursday, February 1 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 3 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 8 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 10 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 15 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 13/Episode #11
- Thursday, February 15 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 17 - 2:30pm
- Women's March first year anniversary
- Thursday, January 18 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 20 - 2:30pm
- Season 13/Episode #8
- Thursday, January 4 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 6 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 11 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 13 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 18 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 13/Episode #7
- Thursday, December 21 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 23 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, December 28 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 30 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 4 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Latin Literature, Volleyball and Fashion are in Nueva York
- Thursday, December 21 - 10:00am, 4:00pm