This edition: Season 13/Episode #1Tweet
Original tape date: September 8, 2017.
First aired: September 14, 2017.
We start this episode with a visit to Bushwick where we interview musical theater actress and dancer, Emma Pfaeffle. Emma tells us about her overall career, her beginnings on Broadway and her role in the musical Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
In Midtown, we'll meet Alynda Segarra and her band, Hurray For The Riff Raff. Alynda tells us about how being born in The Bronx to a Puerto Rican family and traveling around the country at age 17 shaped and influenced her music.
Afterwards, we attend the Nueva York Transatlántico conference in Lower Manhattan
which was organized by City College's Division of Interdisciplinary Studies. There, Carmen Boullosa interviews Dulce María Zúñiga director of the Cultural Studies division at the University of Guadalajara and academic coordinator of the Latin American Julio Cortázar Department.
We finish our journey at New York Film Academy, also in Lower Manhattan to attend the Havana Film Festival New York. We interview the prestigious Colombian film director, Lisandro Duque who talks about his career experiences, spanning over five decades.
Iniciamos este episodio con una visita a Bushwick para entrevistar a la actriz y bailarina de teatro musical Emma Pfaeffle. Emma hace un repaso a su carrera y nos cuenta de sus inicios en Broadway y de su papel en el musical Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Después, en Midtown, conoceremos a Alynda Segarra y su banda Hurray for the Riff Raff. Alynda nos cuenta como el haber nacido en el Bronx, en una familia Puertorriqueña, y empezado a recorrer el pais a la edad de 17 años, han influenciado su música.
Luego vamos al bajo Manhatthan, para cubrir la conferencia Transatlántico Nueva York, organizada por la División de estudios interdisciplinarios de City College, allí Carmen Boullosa entrevista a Dulce María Zuñiga, directora de la División de estudios de la cultura de la Universidad de Guadalajara y Coordinadora Académica de la Cátedra Latinoamericana “Julio Cortázar”.
Y terminamos en NY Film Academy, también en el bajo Manhattan, donde se desarrolla el Havana Film Festival NY. Allí entrevistamos al reconocido director de cine colombiano Lisandro Duque, quien nos habla de sus experiencias durante más de cinco décadas de carrera professional.
Lisandro Duque Film Director
Emma Pfaeffle Actress, Dancer, “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”
Alynda Segarra Musician, Hurray For The Riff Raff
Dulce María Zúñiga Professor and researcher, University of Guadalajara
- Season 13/Episode #11
- Thursday, February 22 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 24 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, March 1 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 13/Episode #12
- Thursday, March 1 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, March 3 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, March 8 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, March 10 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, March 15 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 13/Episode #13
- Thursday, March 15 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, March 17 - 2:30pm
- Season 13/Episode #11
- Thursday, February 15 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 17 - 2:30pm
- Gemma Gené, De Novo, Lorraine Cortés-Vázquez and Judith Escalona.
- Thursday, February 1 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 3 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 8 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 10 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 15 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Women's March first year anniversary
- Saturday, January 20 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, January 25 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 27 - 2:30pm
- Thursday, February 1 - 10:00am, 4:00pm