This edition: Season 13/Episode #8Tweet
Original tape date: December 11, 2017.
First aired: January 4, 2018.
We begin this episode in Queens, talking to Bianey García and other Latina women from the trans community, who are working with the organization "Make the Road New York" to achieve opportunities of equality and respect within the family and social environments.
After that, we go to Midtown to meet up with Spanish guitarist Antonio Sánchez, who tells us about his participation in the Paco de Lucía Project, formed by the same musicians that accompanied this legendary guitarist during the last 10 years of his career.
Then, we go to Lower Manhattan, to the Center for Worker Education of City College, where Carmen Boullosa will interview the renowned literary translator Jill Levine, who for almost five decades has worked with many of the most important Latin American writers.
And we end up back in Midtown at INTAR Theatre with actor and director of theatre Daniel Irizarry. Born in Puerto Rico, Daniel talks to us about his approach in the adaptation of "The Maids". He also talks about his way of understanding theatre and art.
Iniciamos este episodio con Queens, donde hablamos con Bianey Garcia y otras mujeres latinas de la comunidad trans, quienes están trabajando con la organización Make the Road New York por conseguir oportunidades de igualdad y respeto dentro de sus entornos familiares y sociales.
Después, vamos a midtown para conocer al guitarrista español Antonio Sánchez. El nos cuentas acerca de su participación en el “Paco de Lucia Project” que está compuesto por los mismo músicos que acompañaron al legendario guitarrista los últimos 10 años de su Carrera.
Luego vamos al bajo Manhatthan, al Center for Worker Education de City College en donde Carmen Boullosa entrevista a la reconocida traductora literaria Jill Levine, quien por casi cinco décadas, ha trabajado con varios de los escritores latinomericanos más importantes.
Y terminamos de regreso en Midtown, en el teatro INTAR, con el actor y director de teatro Daniel Irizarry. Originario de Puerto Rico, Daniel nos habla de su propuesta en la adaptación de la obra "Las Criadas", así como de su manera de entender el teatro y el arte.
Bianey Garcia Activist Trans
Daniel Irizarry Actor y director de teatro
Jill Levine Literary Translator
Antonio Sánchez Guitar Player
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #5
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- I am a dreamer
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am