This edition: Season 13/Episode #13: Ampersan, Mercedes Peón and "I am a dreamer"Tweet
Original tape date: March 5, 2018.
First aired: March 15, 2018.
We kick off this episode in the "Celebrate Mexico Now" festival, where Carmen Boullosa interviews the members of the band Ampersan, who, since 2007, are keeping up a dialogue between traditional Mexican music and contemporary sounds, in an evident sound experimentation.
Then, we'll go to the CUNY Graduate Center, where we talk to the multi-award-winning artist Mercedes Peon hours before her show, "Ancient and Contemporary Songs of Galicia." Mercedes tells us about how her Galician origin has influenced her music and her unique way of expressing herself on stage.
We conclude this episode with our docufiction series "I am a dreamer," presenting episodes 3 and 4, where Maury, a journalism student at LaGuardia Community College, is preparing an interview to his friend and dreamer Ash Gonzalez, whom he will join the next day when he renews his DACA. Then, in his workshop, Zulu welcomes Nidia, and they talk about artistic projects they're passionate about and how, through paintings and photography, they try to depict the immigrants' experience in New York City.
Iniciamos este episodio en el festival Celebrate Mexico Now! donde Carmen Boullosa entrevista a los integrantes de la banda Ampersan, quienes desde el 2007 se han dedicado ha mantener un dialogo entre la música tradicional mexicana y los sonidos mas contemporáneos de evidente experimentación sonora.
Luego, en el Centro de Graduados de CUNY, conversamos con la multipremiada artista Mercedes Peón, horas antes de su show Sonidos Contemporáneos y Antiguos de Galicia. Mercedes nos cuenta como sus orígenes gallegos han influenciado su música y manera particular de expresarse en el escenario.
Y continuando con nuestra serie de docu-ficcion, I am a dreamer, presentamos los episodios 3 y 4 en donde Maury, estudiante de periodismo en LaGuardia community college, prepara la entrevista que hará a su amigo y Dreamer Ash Gonzalez, a quien acompañará al día siguiente a renovar su DACA. Mientras que Zulu recibe en su taller la visita de Nivia. Ambos hablan de los proyectos artísticos que los apasionan y de como, a través de la pintura y la fotografía, buscan retratar la experiencia de los inmigrantes en NYC.
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 16 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 17 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm