This edition: Terraza 7, Benito Bravo, I AM A DREAMER, Pauchi SasakiTweet
Original tape date: March 27, 2018.
First aired: April 12, 2018.
We'll kick off this episode in Queens, visiting Terraza 7, the legendary bar in which musicians and artists have found the way to bring their sounds and dances to the Jackson Heights community, a place that's survived the gentrification phenomenon.
Then, we'll head to Brooklyn to see the Ballet Folklorico Quetzalcoatl. Its director, Benito Bravo, and some of its members tell us what they learned while being part of this group that promotes Mexican dance and whose members are children and young adults that follow different learning methods.
Later, we'll present a new episode of our "I AM A DREAMER" series. This time, Maury interviews his friend Ash Gonzalez, who tells us about the dramatic crossing of the border from Mexico City, and the struggles of being undocumented, that make it difficult for him to attend college, among other things.
And lastly, we'll go to Manhattan to interview the Peruvian composer Pauchi Sasaki. She tells us about what inspires her to create music and about her relationship with her mentor, the influential composer Philip Glass.
Iniciamos este episodio en Queens visitando Terraza 7, el legendario bar tertulia en el que músicos y artistas han encontrado la manera de llevar sus ritmos y danzas a la comunidad de Jackson Heights, y el cual ha sobrevivido al fenómeno de la gentrificación.
Luego vamos a Brooklyn para ver al Ballet Folklórico Quetzalcóatl.
Su director, Benito Bravo, y algunos otros integrantes nos hablan de lo que han aprendido al ser parte de este grupo que promueve la danza mexicana y está formado por niños y adultos jóvenes de varias edades y diversas formas de aprendizaje.
Después, presentamos un nuevo episodio de la serie "I AM A DREAMER". En esta ocasión, Maury entrevistó a su amigo Ash González, quien narra el dramático viaje para cruzar la frontera desde Ciudad de México y los estragos de ser indocumentado, que le dificultan, entre otras cosas, ir a la universidad.
Y terminamos en Manhattan. Entrevistamos a la compositora peruana Pauchi Sasaki. Ella nos habla de su inspiración a la hora de crear música, así como de su relación con su mentor, el influyente compositor Philip Glass.
Nilko Andreas Guarín Guitarrista-Compositor-Cantante
Benito Bravo Director, Ballet Folklórico Quetzalcóatl
Freddy Castiblanco Dueño, Terraza 7
Gabriel Guerrero Músico
Pauchi Sasaki Compositora de música electroacústica
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 3 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 7 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 6:30am
- Thursday, February 14 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Season 14/Episode #6
- Thursday, February 14 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, February 16 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, February 17 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer, 2
- Thursday, January 17 - 8:30pm
- Saturday, January 19 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 20 - 6:30am
- I am a dreamer
- Sunday, December 23 - 6:30am
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm, 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 2:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 6:30am
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:00am, 4:00pm