Latest edition: Amazon Comes to NYTweet
Original tape date: November 15, 2018.
First aired: November 16, 2018.
On this week's edition of "The New York Times Closeup" with Sam Roberts: a split decision from Amazon, with half of its huge HQ2 project going to Long Island City. The online giant got $1.7 billion dollars in incentives from New York. Was it a good deal for New York? The President versus the press. Donald Trump publicly bashes three female, African-American White House reporters and bans a CNN correspondent. CNN sues the White House. Will Trump's war on the media get even hotter? And the midterm election that won't end. A recount in Florida and more House seats declared for the Democrats. Was there in fact a Blue Wave? Plus, Sam Roberts adds his thoughts in "Coda."
Michael M. Grynbaum Media Correspondent, The New York Times
Clyde Haberman Contributing Writer, The New York Times
Corey Kilgannon “Character Study” Columnist and Metro Reporter, The New York Times
Eleanor Randolph Contributing Writer, The New York Times
- Amazon Comes to NY
- Friday, November 16 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 17 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, November 18 - 12:30pm
- Midterm Wrap-up
- Friday, November 9 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 10 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, November 11 - 12:30pm
- "Anger Management"
- Friday, November 2 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 3 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, November 4 - 12:30pm
- The Volatile Political Climate
- Friday, October 26 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, October 27 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, October 28 - 12:30pm
- Dreams Deferred
- Sunday, October 21 - 12:30pm