This edition: "Allegiance"Tweet
Original tape date: September 28, 2017.
First aired: September 29, 2017.
Sam Roberts talks with The Pulitzer Prize winning historian Stephen Greenblatt about his latest work, “The Rise and Fall of Adam and Eve.” It couldn’t be more relevant today. His book raises a remarkable question: Who wrote the story and why does it continue to have such resonance.
New York Times journalists Contributing Writers Clyde Haberman and Eleanor Randolph, “About New York” Columnist Jim Dwyer and City Hall Bureau reporter J. David Goodman discuss the week's lead stories and offer informed opinions about the week ahead.
And he offers some thoughts about patriotism and the flag in “Coda.”
Jim Dwyer "About New York" Columnist, The New York Times
J. David Goodman City Hall Bureau Reporter, The New York Times
Stephen Greenblatt Author, “The Rise and Fall of Adam and Eve”
Clyde Haberman Contributing Writer, The New York Times
Eleanor Randolph Contributing Writer, The New York Times
Sam Roberts Editor, New York Times Week in Review and co-host, The New York Times Closeup with Sam Roberts
- SIC TRANSIT
- Friday, November 17 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 18 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, November 19 - 12:30pm
- Highs and Lows
- Friday, November 10 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 11 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, November 12 - 12:30pm
- Taxing Week
- Friday, November 3 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 4 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, November 5 - 12:30pm
- Friday, October 27 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, October 28 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, October 29 - 12:30pm