This edition: "Angels in America"Tweet
Original tape date: March 9, 2018.
First aired: March 9, 2018.
On this weekend’s edition of “The New York Times Close Up with Sam Roberts, “ a conversation with the Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award winning screenwriter and playwright Tony Kushner. He never rests on his laurels…he doesn’t seem to rest at all. He’s profiled in this Sunday’s Times Arts and Leisure section by Charles McGrath. His groundbreaking two part play “Angels in America”’s new production now in previews at the Neil Simon Theatre.
New York Times journalists discuss the week’s news on “The Back Story.”
And Sam Roberts provides further thoughts on “Coda.”
Tony Kushner Pulitzer Prize-Winning Playwright/Screenwriter, “Angels in America”
William Neuman City Hall Bureau Reporter, The New York Times
Eleanor Randolph Contributing Writer, The New York Times
Kate Taylor Metro Education Reporter, The New York Times
- Trump's Trade Truce Turmoil
- Friday, December 7 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, December 9 - 12:30pm
- How's deBlasio doing?
- Friday, November 30 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, December 2 - 12:30pm
- Amazon Comes to NY
- Friday, November 16 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 17 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, November 18 - 12:30pm