This edition: Edwige Danticat, author, Brother, I'm DyingTweet
Original tape date: September 19, 2007.
This week, Sheryl welcomes writer Edwidge Danticat to the show. Novelist, teacher, frequent contributor to “The New Yorker,” she's turned to her extraordinary family for her latest work, “Brother, I'm Dying,” which has just been published by Alfred A. Knopf. The memoir tells the affecting story of her father struggling as a Haitian immigrant in New York City, and her uncle, struggling to remain in his socio-politically tumultuous homeland.
- Sarah Lewis, author "The Rise"
- Monday, September 1 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 6:00pm
- Dr. Danielle Moss Lee-YWCA of NYC
- Monday, August 25 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 6:00pm
- Sunday, August 31 - 9:00am
- Alisa Solomon, "Wonder of Wonders"
- Monday, August 18 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 6:00pm
- Sunday, August 24 - 9:00am
- Jenny Morgenthau-Fresh Air Fund
- Monday, August 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 6:00pm
- Sunday, August 17 - 9:00am
- Farah Griffin, "Harlem Nocturne"
- Monday, August 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 6:00pm
- Sunday, August 10 - 9:00am
- Dr. Ruth Westheimer
- Sunday, August 3 - 9:00am