This edition: Hon. Liz KruegerTweet
Original tape date: October 22, 2018.
First aired: October 29, 2018.
In New York City 17,500 people are arrested each year for marijuana possession, according to The New York Times. And the Bronx has the fourth highest per-capita arrest rate for marijuana possession of any county-level jurisdiction in the country.
African-American and Latino and communities are the hardest hit by this kind of law enforcement. Government health surveys have found that young whites use marijuana at higher rates than young blacks and Latinos, but the NYPD has arrested blacks for marijuana possession at seven times the rate of whites, and Latinos at nearly four times the rate of whites.
State Senator Liz Krueger has emerged as a hero of New York State’s movement to legalize marijuana. She has introduced the Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act, a bill that calls for marijuana to be sold and regulated like alcohol. It’s a new approach after years of racially discriminatory outcomes. But what are its chances?
Hon. Liz Krueger State Senator (District 36, Bronx), New York State Senate
- Ken Foster
- Saturday, January 19 - 8:00pm
- Monday, January 21 - 2:00pm
- Jeannie Park and Margaret Chin
- Wednesday, January 23 - 11:30pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 8:00pm
- Sunday, January 27 - 9:30am
- Monday, January 28 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 8:00pm
- Monday, February 4 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Monday, February 4 - 8:30pm
- Wednesday, February 6 - 11:30pm
- Saturday, February 9 - 8:00pm
- Sunday, February 10 - 9:30am
- Monday, February 11 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, February 16 - 8:00pm
- Ken Foster
- Monday, January 7 - 8:30pm
- Wednesday, January 9 - 11:30pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 8:00pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 9:30am
- Monday, January 14 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Ron Howell, Author, Boss of Black Brooklyn
- Monday, December 24 - 8:30pm
- Wednesday, December 26 - 11:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 8:00pm
- Sunday, December 30 - 9:30am
- Monday, December 31 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 8:00pm
- Monday, January 7 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Autism Awareness
- Saturday, December 22 - 8:00pm
- Monday, December 24 - 8:00am, 2:00pm