This edition: Rafael Hernandez; Coquito Masters; Sabrosuras Boricuas; Lechonera El Jibarito.
First aired: December 25, 2017.
We present the life and legacy of Rafael Hernandez, how New York City inspired him and how he inspired Puerto Ricans in the United States.
Get to know the once New York but now National Coquito Masters. If you have yet to get a taste of one of their regional competitions, this segment will prepare you for the venture next Holiday season.
Organizations alone do not secure the well-being and sustainability of our people and culture in the United States. As the story of Erisbelia Garriga shows, it takes one person to preserve a culture. Erisbelia is doing just that through her talents in the kitchen.
Discover the Lechonera El Jibarito of Florida. Lisandra Roman used her to sazon to create a food business, which became a breeding ground for live music events, and even a radio show. Roman started from humble beginnings, but utilized her talents to unify the Puerto Rican community in Kissimmee Florida, you won't want to miss her inspiring story.
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- A Revolt Through Letters: Clemente Soto Velez
- Tuesday, January 1 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, January 2 - 10:00am, 3:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 6:30am
- Season 2/Episode 23: New York City
- Tuesday, December 25 - 10:00pm
- Wednesday, December 26 - 10:00am, 3:00pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 6:30am
- Sunday, December 30 - 8:30pm
- Season 2/Episode 22: Teatro Circulo, Teatro Sea, Pregones Theater
- Tuesday, December 18 - 10:00pm
- Wednesday, December 19 - 10:00am, 3:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 6:30am
- Sunday, December 23 - 8:30pm