This edition: Dr. Gertrude B. ElionTweet
Original tape date: June 30, 1998.
Lou Massa speaks with Dr. Gertrude B. Elion, Scientist Emer. for the Glaxo-Wellcome Company. Dr. Elion talks about her work on cancer treatment. After a short history of her life and education, she talks about how her career sprouted and lead to a drug to help fight leukemia.
Dr. Gertrude B. Elion Scientist Emeritus , Glaxo Wellcome Inc.
Mr. Manning Marable Professor of Chemistry and Physics, Hunter College/CUNY
- Dr. Lothar Schafer, Part 2 of 2
- Wednesday, June 27 - 3:00am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 3:00am
- Robert Buderi, The Invention that Changed the World, Part 1 of 2
- Wednesday, July 11 - 3:00am
- Wednesday, July 18 - 3:00am
- Dr. Lothar Schafer, Part 1 of 2
- Wednesday, June 13 - 3:00am
- Wednesday, June 20 - 3:00am
- Dr. Brian Greene, Leading String Theorist
- Wednesday, May 30 - 3:00am
- Wednesday, June 6 - 3:00am
- Creativity at the Crossroads Between Science and Technology
- Wednesday, May 23 - 3:00am