Latest edition: Climate Change and the Environment
Original tape date: May 28, 2013.
First aired: May 28, 2013.
• Carol Anne Riddell takes a closer look at climate change, what it means and how each of us can help the environment.
• Donna Hanover tells us why oysters might be the heroes of the environment…and their special history with New York Harbor.
• Andrew Falzon explains how food and the environment are connected and how our own food choices impact the world around us.
• Magalie Laguerre Wilkinson takes us inside the science of weather forecasting.
• Lisa Beth Kovetz shows us the effect glacial ice melting in Antarctica will have on our own shorelines.
• Mike Gilliam on how solar panels can be art – and science – and help the environment.
For More Information:
1. Climate Change (Carol Anne Riddell)
2. Oysters (Donna Hanover)
3. Weather (Magalie Laguerre Wilkinson)
4. Global Food (Andrew Falzon)
5. Solar Ivy (Mike Gilliam
Alex Birdsall SMIT
Gary Conte Warning Coordination Meteorolgist, National Weather Service (NOAA)
Emily Driscoll Environmental Science Journalist
John Miller, Ph.D Stevens Institute of Technology
Kate Orff Partner, SCAPE/LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE
Stephen F. Pekar School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Queens College/CUNY