Latest edition: Science and Children's HealthTweet
Original tape date: November 5, 2014.
First aired: November 25, 2014.
• Dr. Max Gomez explores the fact vs fiction debate when it comes to childhood vaccines.
• Mike Gilliam looks at childhood obesity and what can be done to help kids lose weight and prevent unwanted weight gain.
• Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson visits the Jaffe Food Allergy Institute at The Mount Sinai Hospital to find out why there has been such a growth in childrens’ food allergies and what can be done to avoid allergic reactions.
• Ari Goldberg finds out how much sleep children should be getting based on their age and why those hours are important.
• Lisa Beth Kovetz explains the best way to handle the transition from childhood to adulthood when it comes to doctors.
For More Information:
The Jaffe Food Allergy Institute in the Department of Pediatrics at the Kravis Children’s Hospital at Mount Sinai - icahn.mssm.edu/research/programs/jaffe-food-allergy-institute
Gramercy Pediatrics - www.gramercypediatrics.com
Premier Pediatrics - www.premierpediatricsny.com/about-us/our-physicians
Dr. Deena Blanchard Premier Pediatrics
Dr. Dyan Hes Medical Director, Gramercy Pediatrics
Ali Hill Mother
Renuka Khera Parent of Carina Khera
Dr. Vikash Modi Pediatric Otolaryngologist
Dr. Paul Offit Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Michael Perlmutter Weight Management Patient
Dr. Scott Sicherer Professor of Pediatrics, Allergy and Immunology, The Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. Lawrence Stanberry Columbia Children's Hospital
Dr. Haviva Veler Director, Weill Cornell Pediatric Sleep Center
- Science and U!: The Best of S&U! 2014
- Tuesday, December 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 27 - 5:30pm