This edition: Science and PainTweet
Original tape date: June 26, 2012.
First aired: June 26, 2012.
• Carol Anne Riddell explores the science behind growing pains – what’s real and shouldn’t be dismissed when it comes to your child.
• Ernabel DeMillo looks at the dangers behind over the counter pain medication and tells us about research being done on a “super” aspirin.
• Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson shows how a cosmetic procedure might be just the cure for migraine pain.
• Tinabeth Pina gets to the bottom of labor pains and the women who say you better believe they’re real!
• Lisa Beth Kovetz goes inside the courtroom and explains the science behind what pain and suffering mean when it comes to the law.
• Mike Gilliam looks at alternatives to traditional treatment for pain.
Growing Pains - www.goldscout.com
Thomas J.A.Lehman, MD
Over the Counter Medications
Theodore Bania, MD - slred.org/faculty/
Dr. Khosrow Kashfi - www1.ccny.cuny.edu/prospective/med/faculty/kkashfi.cfm
Migraines - www.chpnyc.org/headache/staff.html
Alternative Pain Treatments: Laura Lewis Mantell, MD - www.lauralewismantellmd.com
Suzanne Hill - acupuncturists.healthprofs.com/cam/name/Suzanne_M_Hill_LAC,MSc_New+York_New+York_512941
Wendy Amstutz Experienced Growing Pains as Child
Dr. Theodore Bania Emergency Medicine Attending
MD Juline Bryson Neurologist, ST. LUKE’S-ROOSEVELT HOSPITAL
Michael Flomenhaft, Esq. The Flomenhaft Law Offices
Gillian Foreman Expectant Mom
Amina Hassan Expectant Mom
Suzanne Hill Licensed Acupuncturist
Dr. Khosrow Kashfi Associate Medical Professor, The City College of New York
Dr. Thomas Lehman Chief of Pediatric Rheumatology, Hospital for Special Surgery
Lori Botox Patient
Sally Lynch Acupuncture Patient
Laura Lewis Mantell Lifestyle Medicine
Elizabeth Stein Certified Nurse & Midwife
Tanya Wills Doula
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Tuesday, May 19 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 8:00pm
- Science and Men's Health
- Tuesday, May 12 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 8:00pm
- Science and Profiles
- Tuesday, May 5 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 8:00pm
- Saturday, May 9 - 5:30pm
- Science and the Brain
- Tuesday, April 28 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 8:00pm
- Science and the Environment
- Wednesday, April 22 - 6:00am
- Thursday, April 23 - 12:00am
- Saturday, April 25 - 4:00pm
- Saturday, May 16 - 5:30pm