This edition: Science and FoodTweet
Original tape date: July 24, 2012.
First aired: July 24, 2012.
• Grant Greenberg explores molecular gastronomy…cooking with a science twist right in your own kitchen!
• Carol Anne Riddell takes us inside the lab to find out the science behind all those wonderful flavors we love.
• Donna Hanover speaks with the experts…both in and out of the kitchen..to get to the bottom of why we’re addicted to chocolate.
• Barry Mitchell goes on a foraging expedition…in Central Park!
• Tinabeth Pina gets up close and personal with freeze dried food and tells us just how nutritious it is.
• Marlene Peralta goes back to basics for growing food…at an urban farm in the middle of New York.
For More Information:
Freeze Dried Foods
Steve "Wildman" Brill Naturalist
Richard Dandrea Senior Flavorist, International Flavors and Fragrances
Kenny Domnitser Forager
Emily Francois Farmer, Eagle Street Rooftop Farm
Dr. Jeff Gardere Psychologist, Adjunct Clinical Professor, Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine
Aki Kamozawa Co-Author
Gina Keatley Founder, NourishingNYC.org
Wendy Keller Chocolate Lover
Barbara Mendez NUTRITIONIST
Erika Pappa Food Writer
Leah Retherford Farm Manager, Queens County Farm Museum
Donald Schaffner Director for Center for Advanced Food Technology
Alex Talbot Co-Author
Jacques Torres Master Pastry Chef, Chocolatier, Jacques Torres Chocolate
Tusha Yakovleva Farmer, Eagle Street Rooftop Farm