This edition: Science and AgingTweet
Original tape date: October 23, 2012.
First aired: October 23, 2012.
Tinabeth Pina explores how advances in science and medicine are contributing to all of us living longer lives.
Lisa Beth Kovetz investigates stem cell medicine and its cutting edge breakthroughs in helping to cure disease and slow down aging.
Marlene Peralta has the latest on the scientific advances in treating Parkinson’s disease.
Carol Anne Riddell explains why exercise is one of the most effective things we can do for healthy aging.
Ernabel Demillo looks at aging pets - and how we can help them through the process and learn something about our own aging.
For More Information:
STEM CELL RESEARCH (Lisa Beth Kovetz)
PARKINSON’S DISEASE (Marlene Peralta)
Dr. Jessica Fagle Hope Veterinary Clinic, Brooklyn
Beth Finkel Senior Manager, AARP
Leonore Gordon Suffers from Parkinson’s Disease
Dr. Claire Henchcliffe Director of Parkinson’s Institute at Weill Cornell Medical Center
Lawrence Honig, MD, PhD Professor of Clinical Neurology , Columbia University Medical Center
Ann-Marie Karesh Ann-Marie Karesh
Bel Kaufman centenarian
Ph.D. Susan MacNeil Psychotherapist
Ernst Michel octogenarian
Alice Park Author of The Stem Cell Hope
Nancy Prince NYC Parks Department
Brad Schoenfeld Lehman College
Dr. David Spierer Long Island University Brooklyn
Carol Sullivan Schulte Suffers from Parkinson’s Disease
Shinya Yamanaka Scientist, Kyoto University, Japan
- Season 6/Episode 5: May 2017
- Wednesday, December 12 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, December 13 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, December 15 - 11:30am
- Sunday, December 16 - 5:30pm
- Science & U!: The Best of Spring
- Wednesday, December 5 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, December 6 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 11:30am
- Sunday, December 9 - 5:30pm
- October 2017
- Wednesday, November 28 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, November 29 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 11:30am
- Sunday, December 2 - 5:30pm
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, November 21 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, November 22 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, November 24 - 11:30am
- Sunday, November 25 - 5:30pm
- September 2017
- Saturday, November 17 - 11:30am
- Sunday, November 18 - 5:30pm