This edition: Profiles in ScienceTweet
Original tape date: November 27, 2012.
First aired: November 27, 2012.
• Lisa Beth Kovetz introduces us to Army Officer Mark D’Agostino who went from a tough life on the streets to science and who is now a world-class surgeon.
• Marlene Peralta takes us to a farm sanctuary that is a safe haven for rescued animals run by a child development specialist.
• Carol Anne Riddell tells us about a group of former cheerleaders who now lead the cheer for science and their work in closing the gender gap.
• Donna Hanover talks mysteries written by a woman with a diverse career as a physicist, engineer and nuclear waste manager.
• Barry Mitchell sits down with a rocket scientist who shares childhood stories about growing up with a gambling father.
For More Information:
Dr. Amanda Adeleye NY-Presbyterian Hospital/ Columbia University Med. Ctr.
Darlene Cavalier Founder, Science Cheerleader
William Crain, Ph.D. Professor of Psychology, City College of New York
Camille Minichino Mystery Writer / Scientist
Ronald Probstein Author of “Honest Sid”, Massachussetts Institute of Technology