This edition: Best of 2012Tweet
Original tape date: December 25, 2012.
First aired: December 25, 2012.
• Donna Hanover talks to the animals…and finds out how and why they’re helping humans overcome major hurdles in their lives.
• Ernabel DeMillo gets musical…with instruments made from trash!
• Marlene Peralta digs in to tell you how to compost and turn waste into a much more useful product.
• Play ball! Mike Gilliam talks major league baseball, and the science behind all those special pitches.
• Tinabeth Pina explores how advances in science and medicine are contributing to all of us living longer lives.
For More Information:
Bash the Trash - www.bashthetrash.com
Major League Baseball - mlb.mlb.com
Therapy Animals - ecad1.org
Phil Bauer Kennel Manager, ECAD
Camilla Bettig Student
Prof. Kevin Cohen Food Policy Expert, New School
Avril Lindsay Dennis Program Director, The Children’s Village
Keira Doughtery Student
Emily Francois Farmer, Eagle Street Rooftop Farm
Nathan Hetherington Musician, Bash The Trash
Lawrence Honig, MD, PhD Professor of Clinical Neurology , Columbia University Medical Center
Erika Kapin Musician, Bash the Trash
Bel Kaufman centenarian
Gina Keatley Founder, NourishingNYC.org
Rhonin Khemani Musician, Bash the Trash
Catie Kiernan Student
Ernst Michel octogenarian
Dale Picard Co-Founder, ECAD
Leah Retherford Farm Manager, Queens County Farm Museum
Corey Schwartz VP of Statistics
Roger Williams VP of Media Operations, MLB.com
Tusha Yakovleva Farmer, Eagle Street Rooftop Farm
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, May 22 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 23 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 25 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 26 - 5:30pm
- Science and Exercise
- Wednesday, May 15 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 16 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 18 - 11:30am
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, May 8 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 9 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 12 - 5:30pm
- March 2017
- Wednesday, May 1 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 2 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 4 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 5 - 5:30pm
- Science and Water
- Saturday, April 27 - 11:30am
- Sunday, April 28 - 5:30pm