This edition: Science and SuperheroesTweet
Original tape date: March 26, 2013.
First aired: March 26, 2013.
• Carol Anne Riddell looks at Wonder Woman – and the real life wonder women making a difference for Science.
• Mike Gilliam talks with a Battlestar Galactica consultant who says the best superheroes are governed by the laws of real science.
• Tinabeth Pina meets the man behind the comic book series “X-Men” and meets a professor who explains how the sociology of superheroes works in the classroom.
• Lisa Beth Kovetz introduces us to a real life marathon man…with superhuman abilities.
• Ernabel Demillo explains how there’s a superhero inside each and every one of us.
• Barry Mitchell sits down with Dr. Who…and an assortment of other characters at Comic Con!
For More Information:
Psychology of Superheroes - www.drrobinrosenberg.com/psychology-and-superheroes.php
Ultra Marathon Man - www.ultramarathonman.com
Batttlestar Galactica - en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Kevin_Grazier
Dr. Jill Bargonetti Professor of Biological Sciences, Hunter College
Chris Claremont Comic Book Writer
Peter Davidson “Dr. Who”
Dr. Barna Donovan Author/Professor, St. Peter’s University
Kelcey Edwards Producer
Kevin Grazier, PhD. Science Consultant
Dean Karnazes Author and Ultra Marathon Runner
Garvey Potter Student
Dr. Robin S. Rosenberg Clinical Psychologist and Author
Eric Schadt, Ph.D. Director of the Icahn Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology
James Smith Student
Wendy Varela Student
- Science & The Internet
- Wednesday, January 16 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, January 19 - 11:30am
- Sunday, January 20 - 5:30pm
- Science and the Environment
- Wednesday, January 23 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 11:30am
- Sunday, January 27 - 5:30pm
- Science and Exercise
- Wednesday, January 30 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 11:30am
- Sunday, February 3 - 5:30pm
- Science and Advances in Breast Cancer
- Wednesday, January 9 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 11:30am
- Sunday, January 13 - 5:30pm
- Science and the Arts
- Wednesday, January 2 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 11:30am
- Sunday, January 6 - 5:30pm
- Science and Men's Health
- Wednesday, December 26 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 11:30am
- Sunday, December 30 - 5:30pm
- Science and Women
- Wednesday, December 19 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 11:30am
- Sunday, December 23 - 5:30pm