This edition: Science and AnimalsTweet
Original tape date: June 25, 2013.
First aired: June 25, 2013.
• Carol Anne Riddell explains how a tiny mouse just might save your life in the future.
• Andrew Falzon reports on the world of bees and their role in helping the environment.
• Mike Gilliam looks at language…through birdsong.
• Ernabel Demillo tells us about the science behind cicadas and their “magical” lifecycle.
• Donna Hanover updates her story about efforts to save animals living in the wild.
• Tinabeth Pina shows us the expanded role dogs…and other animals…have in helping humans heal.
For More Information:
Bomb Sniffing Mice
Leanne Arnow therapy dog handler
Dr. Susan Phillip Cohen Human animal bond consultant
Charlotte D'Hulst Postdoctoral Fellow, Hunter College
Paul Feinstein Associate Professor, Hunter College
Ruth Harrigan Beekeeper
Tim Hetzner President, Luthern Church Charities
Alison Kelley therapy dog handler
David C. Lahti Asst. Prof. Biology, Queens College
Jennifer Leahy therapy dog enthusiast
Simon Lee Student
Danielle Martinez therapy dog enthusiast
Louis Sorkin Entomologist
- Science & Animals
- Saturday, September 22 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 23 - 5:30pm
- August 2017
- Wednesday, September 26 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 5:30pm
- Science and Genetics
- Wednesday, October 3 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 7 - 5:30pm
- Science and Technology
- Wednesday, October 10 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 13 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 14 - 5:30pm
- November 2017: Climate Change
- Wednesday, October 17 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 18 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 20 - 11:30am
- Science & Animals
- Wednesday, September 19 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, September 12 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 13 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 16 - 5:30pm
- Science and Astronomy
- Wednesday, September 5 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 6 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 9 - 5:30pm