This edition: Science & AnimalsTweet
Original tape date: June 10, 2014.
First aired: June 24, 2014.
• Carol Anne Riddell explains how some dogs are helping kids be better readers.
• Mike Gilliam visits Green Chimneys…. a special place where animals help children and teens heal both mentally and physically.
• Ernabel Demillo tells us about a science writer whose life – and health – has been changed by owning a pet…and how pet ownership may help your health.
• Donna Hanover gets an up-close look at the intelligence of dolphins and how humans benefit.
• Tinabeth Pina shows us how seeing eyes dogs are trained and the impact they make on the lives of the blind and their families.
For More Information:
Reading Dogs - www.petpartners.org
Green Chimneys - www.greenchimneys.org
Pets and Health - www.cdc.gov/healthypets
Dolphins - www.takepart.com/cove
Seeing Eye - www.seeingeye.org
Jane Brody Dog Owner
Tricia Foley School Social Worker, PS 102
Peggy Gibbon Director of Canine Development, The Seeing Eye, Inc.
Dr. Babette Gladstein Veterinarian, The Humane Society of New York
Michael Kaufmann Farm and Wildlife Director, Green Chimneys
Myiako Kinoshita Farm Education Manager, Green Chimneys
Sam M Student, Green Chimneys
Sue Maya Puppy Raiser
Wilson Maya Puppy Raiser
Nicole Meyerkopf Instructor, The Seeing Eye, Inc.
Lisa Parrilli Maya’s Owner
Diana Reiss, Ph.D. Hunter College & National Aquarium
Mariah S Student, Green Chimneys
Dina Schmidt Britney’s Owner
Jeremy Schmidt Student, The Seeing Eye, Inc.
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Tuesday, May 19 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 8:00pm
- Science and the Environment
- Saturday, May 16 - 5:30pm
- Science and Men's Health
- Tuesday, May 12 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 8:00pm
- Science and Profiles
- Tuesday, May 5 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 8:00pm
- Saturday, May 9 - 5:30pm
- Science and the Brain
- Tuesday, April 28 - 8:00am, 2:00pm, 8:00pm