This edition: Science and Men's HealthTweet
Original tape date: September 10, 2014.
First aired: September 23, 2014.
• Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson gives us an overview of what health issues men face and why they are often reluctant to see a doctor.
• Dr. Max Gomez explains the latest cutting edge science about prostate cancer and how researches are beginning to figure out how to tell between really bad cancers and those that can be watched.
• Mike Gilliam reports on testicular cancer, which usually strikes younger men, what to look for and the latest treatment for it.
• Tinabeth Pina separates fact from fiction when it comes to low t…low testosterone .
• Carol Anne Riddell looks at the connection between marriage and cardiovascular disease for men in particular.
For More Information:
Heart Disease and Marriage - communications.med.nyu.edu/media-relations/news/married-people-less-likely-have-cardiovascular-problems-according-large-scale-s
Mens Health Overview - www.med.nyu.edu/menshealth
Testicular Cancer - nyp.org/physician/jmmckiernan
Dr. Carlos Alviar Cardiology Fellow, NYU Langone Medical Center
Dr. Jeffrey Berger Assistant Professor, NYU Langone Medical Center
Jason Bernstein Low T Patient
Gilbert Horn Prostate Cancer Patient
Dr. Steven Lamm, M.D. Medical Director, Robert Tisch Center for Men's Health
Dr. Herbert Lepor NYU Langone Medical Center
Dr. James McKiernan Chair, Department of Urology, New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Johnny Mitias, M.D. Chief Medical Officer, Ageless Men's Health
Dr. Peter Scardino Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Eric Slayton Low T Patient
Dr. Norman Sussman, M.D. Psychiatrist, NYU Langone Medical Center
- Science & Animals
- Wednesday, September 19 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 23 - 5:30pm
- August 2017
- Wednesday, September 26 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 5:30pm
- Science and Genetics
- Wednesday, October 3 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 7 - 5:30pm
- Science and Technology
- Wednesday, October 10 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 13 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 14 - 5:30pm
- November 2017: Climate Change
- Wednesday, October 17 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 18 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, September 12 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 13 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 16 - 5:30pm
- Science and Astronomy
- Wednesday, September 5 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 6 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 9 - 5:30pm