This edition: Science and U!: The Best of S&U! 2014Tweet
Original tape date: December 3, 2014.
First aired: December 23, 2014.
• Ernabel Demillo explores the museum world with a digital eye.
• Vianora Vinca talks with Fabian Cousteau, grandson of Jacques Cousteau, about what we can learn from whales.
• Tinabeth Pina shows us how seeing eyes dogs are trained and the impact they make on the lives of the blind and their families.
• Mike Gilliam visits the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk which is dedicated to the ecology of Long Island Sound where kids get to interact with the marine life.
• Carol Anne Riddell reports on the science behind your cocktail…combining chemistry and presentation…along with taste.
• Donna Hanover speaks with Josie Iselin author of “An Ocean Garden”…who tells us all you wanted to know about the beauty of seaweed in and out of the ocean..and sometimes on the dinner table.
For More Information:
Museums - www.metmuseum.org
Seeing Eye - www.seeingeye.org
Norwalk Aquarium - maritimeaquarium.org
An Ocean Garden/Josie Iselin - www.josieiselin.com
Mixology - anthonycaporale.com
Dr. Elizabeth Alter Marine Biologist
Anthony Caporale Host/Producer, Art of the Drink
Fabien Cousteau Ocean Explorer
Peggy Gibbon Director of Canine Development, The Seeing Eye, Inc.
Josie Iselin Author, An Ocean Garden
Sue Maya Puppy Raiser
Wilson Maya Puppy Raiser
Nicole Meyerkopf Instructor, The Seeing Eye, Inc.
Jeremy Schmidt Student, The Seeing Eye, Inc.
Dave Sigworth Publicist, The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk
Sree Sreenivasan Chief Digital Officer, The Metropolitan Museum of Art; Columbia University
Pamela Wiznitzer Chapter President, US Bartenders Guild