This edition: Science and ProfilesTweet
Original tape date: April 1, 2015.
First aired: May 5, 2015.
Science & U! this month revisits some segments from our past that profile some remarkable individuals in the world of science:
Ernabel Demillo meets with City College Theoretical Physics Professor, Michio Kaku, to talk about his book, "Physics of The Future."
Mike Gilliam talks with a Battlestar Galactica consultant who says the best superheroes are governed by the laws of real science.
Barry Mitchell sits down with a rocket scientist who shares childhood stories about growing up with a gambling father.
Carol Anne Riddell tells us about a group of former cheerleaders who now lead the cheer for science and their work in closing the gender gap.
We travel to a farm sanctuary that is a safe haven for rescued animals run by City College Professor of Psychology, William Crain.
Donna Hanover speaks with Josie Iselin author of “An Ocean Garden”…who tells us all you wanted to know about the beauty of seaweed in and out of the ocean..and sometimes on the dinner table.
For More Information:
Batttlestar Galactica - en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Kevin_Grazier
Farm Sanctuary - safehavenfarmsanctuary.org
Seaweed - www.josieiselin.com
Citizen Science - www.sciencecheerleader.com
Dr. Amanda Adeleye NY-Presbyterian Hospital/ Columbia University Medical Center
Darlene Cavalier Founder, Science Cheerleader
William Crain, Ph.D. Professor of Psychology, City College of New York
Kevin Grazier, PhD. Science Consultant
Josie Iselin Author, An Ocean Garden
Prof. Michio Kaku Theoretical Physics Professor/Author, The City College/CUNY
Ronald Probstein Author of “Honest Sid”, Massachussetts Institute of Technology
- Science & Animals
- Thursday, September 20 - 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 23 - 5:30pm
- August 2017
- Wednesday, September 26 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 5:30pm
- Science and Genetics
- Wednesday, October 3 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 7 - 5:30pm
- Science and Technology
- Wednesday, October 10 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 13 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 14 - 5:30pm
- November 2017: Climate Change
- Wednesday, October 17 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 18 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science & Animals
- Wednesday, September 19 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 10:30am
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, September 12 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 13 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 16 - 5:30pm
- Science and Astronomy
- Wednesday, September 5 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 6 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 9 - 5:30pm