This edition: Science and ProfilesTweet
Original tape date: April 1, 2015.
First aired: May 5, 2015.
Science & U! this month revisits some segments from our past that profile some remarkable individuals in the world of science:
Ernabel Demillo meets with City College Theoretical Physics Professor, Michio Kaku, to talk about his book, "Physics of The Future."
Mike Gilliam talks with a Battlestar Galactica consultant who says the best superheroes are governed by the laws of real science.
Barry Mitchell sits down with a rocket scientist who shares childhood stories about growing up with a gambling father.
Carol Anne Riddell tells us about a group of former cheerleaders who now lead the cheer for science and their work in closing the gender gap.
We travel to a farm sanctuary that is a safe haven for rescued animals run by City College Professor of Psychology, William Crain.
Donna Hanover speaks with Josie Iselin author of “An Ocean Garden”…who tells us all you wanted to know about the beauty of seaweed in and out of the ocean..and sometimes on the dinner table.
For More Information:
Batttlestar Galactica - en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Kevin_Grazier
Farm Sanctuary - safehavenfarmsanctuary.org
Seaweed - www.josieiselin.com
Citizen Science - www.sciencecheerleader.com
Dr. Amanda Adeleye NY-Presbyterian Hospital/ Columbia University Medical Center
Darlene Cavalier Founder, Science Cheerleader
William Crain, Ph.D. Professor of Psychology, City College of New York
Kevin Grazier, PhD. Science Consultant
Josie Iselin Author, An Ocean Garden
Prof. Michio Kaku Theoretical Physics Professor/Author, The City College/CUNY
Ronald Probstein Author of “Honest Sid”, Massachussetts Institute of Technology
- Science and Water
- Saturday, April 27 - 11:30am
- Sunday, April 28 - 5:30pm
- March 2017
- Wednesday, May 1 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 2 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 4 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 5 - 5:30pm
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, May 8 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 9 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 12 - 5:30pm
- Science and Exercise
- Wednesday, May 15 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 16 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 18 - 11:30am
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, May 22 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 23 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science and Water
- Wednesday, April 24 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, April 25 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science and Astronomy
- Wednesday, April 17 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, April 18 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, April 20 - 11:30am
- Science & The Earth
- Wednesday, April 10 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, April 11 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- February 2017
- Wednesday, April 3 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, April 4 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, April 6 - 11:30am
- Sunday, April 7 - 5:30pm
- Science and Sports
- Wednesday, March 27 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, March 28 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, March 30 - 11:30am