This edition: Science and Women's HealthTweet
Original tape date: September 3, 2015.
First aired: October 6, 2015.
This month Science & U! takes a look at Women’s Health:
Max Gomez goes through the symptoms of heart attacks, the number 1 killer of women in the United States.
Mike Gilliam learns why strokes are more common in women than men, and the advances in treatment.
Vianora Vinca discusses ovarian cancer, also known as the “silent killer,” since it often goes undetected until it reaches a late stage.
Carol Anne Riddell discovers that thyroid cancer is one of the most rapidly increasing cancers in the United States, especially in women.
Donna Hanover finds a way for breast cancer patients to keep their hair during chemotherapy.
Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson talks about how using too much make-up, or improper use of cosmetics can be detrimental to your health.
For More Information:
Cosmetic Safety - www.artscraftstheatersafety.org
Dr. Stacie Chasin Patient
Dr. Tessa Cigler Weill Cornell Breast Center
Carolyn Dempsey DigniCap Trial Participant
Dr. Mitchell S.V. Elkind N.Y. Presbyterian/Columbia University
Judy Fein Heart Attack Patient
Marcia Kaplan Heart Patient
Dr. Marie-Noelle Langan Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. Mary Ann McLaughlin Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. Monica Prasad-Hayes Gynecologic Oncologist, Mount Sinai Hospital
Monona Rossol Author, Pick Your Poison
Sarah Schub Patient, Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. Marita Teng Mount Sinai Hospital
- Science & The Internet
- Wednesday, January 16 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, January 17 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, January 19 - 11:30am
- Sunday, January 20 - 5:30pm
- Science and the Environment
- Wednesday, January 23 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, January 24 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 11:30am
- Sunday, January 27 - 5:30pm
- Science and Exercise
- Wednesday, January 30 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, January 31 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, February 2 - 11:30am
- Sunday, February 3 - 5:30pm
- Science and Advances in Breast Cancer
- Wednesday, January 9 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, January 10 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 11:30am
- Sunday, January 13 - 5:30pm
- Science and the Arts
- Wednesday, January 2 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, January 3 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 11:30am
- Sunday, January 6 - 5:30pm
- Science and Men's Health
- Wednesday, December 26 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, December 27 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 11:30am
- Sunday, December 30 - 5:30pm
- Science and Women
- Wednesday, December 19 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, December 20 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 11:30am
- Sunday, December 23 - 5:30pm