This edition: Science & U!:The Best of 2015Tweet
Original tape date: November 1, 2015.
First aired: December 1, 2015.
The year is almost over and Science & U! would like to take a look back at some of our favorite segments from 2015:
Dr. Max Gomez maps out the parts of the brain to explain where our functions come from.
Tinabeth Pina gets a closer look at musical strings and the complexity that goes into creating strings that make the right sound.
Mike Gilliam visits the STREB Extreme Action Company which uses science to push the boundaries of dance and movement.
Vianora Vinca sits down with Fabien Cousteau, grandson of legendary explorer Jacques Cousteau, about his 31 day excursion living in an underwater sea lab.
Carol Anne Riddell meets a Girl Scout troop that‘s excited about technology, not cookies.
Donna Hanover finds a way for breast cancer patients to keep their hair during chemotherapy.
For More Information:
Brain Mapping - www.neurocni.com
D'addario - www.daddario.com
STREB Extreme Action Company - www.streb.org
Fabien Cousteau - fabiencousteau.org
Girl Scouts - www.girlscoutsnyc.org
Dr. David J. Chalif Chief Neurovascular Neurosurgery, North Shore LIJ
Dr. Tessa Cigler Weill Cornell Breast Center
Fabien Cousteau Ocean Explorer
John D'Addario III President, D'Addario & Company, Inc.
Carolyn Dempsey DigniCap Trial Participant
Alexi Feliciano Girl Scout
Anna Kalishman Girl Scout
Emily Layden Girl Scout
Sarah Pooley Manager, Youth Leadership & Volunteer Support, Girl Scouts of Greater New York
Bart Reid Value Stream Manager, D'Addario Wire Works
Tatiana Serafin Leader, Leader Troop 2832
Elizabeth Streb Choreographer, performer and teacher, STREB
Fan-Chia Tao Director of Research & Development, D'Addario & Company, Inc.
- Science & The Earth
- Wednesday, October 24 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 25 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 27 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 28 - 5:30pm
- Science and Profiles
- Wednesday, October 31 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, November 1 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, November 3 - 11:30am
- Sunday, November 4 - 5:30pm
- Science and U!: The Best of S&U! 2014
- Wednesday, November 7 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, November 8 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, November 10 - 11:30am
- Sunday, November 11 - 5:30pm
- September 2017
- Wednesday, November 14 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, November 15 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, November 17 - 11:30am
- Sunday, November 18 - 5:30pm
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, November 21 - 9:00pm
- November 2017: Climate Change
- Wednesday, October 17 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 18 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 20 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 21 - 5:30pm
- Science and Technology
- Wednesday, October 10 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 13 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 14 - 5:30pm
- Science and Genetics
- Wednesday, October 3 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 11:30am
- Sunday, October 7 - 5:30pm
- August 2017
- Wednesday, September 26 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 11:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 5:30pm
- Science & Animals
- Sunday, September 23 - 5:30pm